What's happened to the Gran Turismo?

tasnam

A maserati spoksman says..... The Granturismo will be replaced in 2020. BUT the MY18 will cease production in seven months. The dealer network must therefor preorder any stock they feel they require to tide them over until 2020.....yeah, they're really going to tie up cash doing that I'm sure!

So "spokesperson" what title or role does this person have? (example: works at a local dealership or is in marketing role directly at Maserati)

Andyk

Looking at the number on Autotrader and the prices of them I totally agree.

Looks like massive discounts on demo cars....One dealer had a new one up for 74k the other week....delivery miles.....over 100k new....

JonW

Looks like massive discounts on demo cars....One dealer had a new one up for 74k the other week....delivery miles.....over 100k new....

Was the £74k the latest MY18 model (so new infotainment, etc...)?

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
If it was, I missed it, that would’ve been a steal. I very much doubt it would’ve been.

AaronE

ps. I think that's worded the way it is is because only those three models have the lusso/sport variants. the GT has sport/MC. I think they're just advertising the two packages.

Andyk

If it was, I missed it, that would’ve been a steal. I very much doubt it would’ve been.

A car dealer friend spoke to them as he wanted to buy it....discounted from 79k to 74500.....it was blue. He lost out though as it was sold with almost 24 hours of going up.

But Graypaul has a black one with 600 miles on the clock at 79k so this seems to be a starting point for the first ones and demo cars...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...rchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2

JonW

A car dealer friend spoke to them as he wanted to buy it....discounted from 79k to 74500.....it was blue. He lost out though as it was sold with almost 24 hours of going up.

But Graypaul has a black one with 600 miles on the clock at 79k so this seems to be a starting point for the first ones and demo cars...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...rchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2

Have to admit, at that kind of price, they do look good value... It will be interesting to see how the prices hold up, and whether the new model year commands a premium...

bigbob

Personally I would want a factory order to my spec on a Sport for c£85k (would have next to no extras) or for a 67 plate registered in 2017 that is now two plate markers out of date I would want to pay £69995. Very few people are buying these cars - I was offered the Graypaul one before it was registered but the colour combo is just too plain for me.

JonW

Below is the confirmation I just received.

“ The GranTurismo production ends in May ‘18, so yes dealers are ordering their final stock now. Cars will be able to be registered until August ‘19 - so if you're considering the MY18 version I'd encourage to do it nowâ€

bigbob

Thanks. Do they mean Aug 19 or Aug 18 for registration as I thought the Euro 6d regs started 01/09/18 for all cars, not just new models.

JonW

Thanks. Do they mean Aug 19 or Aug 18 for registration as I thought the Euro 6d regs started 01/09/18 for all cars, not just new models.

Good question. Don't know the answer but if I decide to indulge myself and follow up with them on the possibility of ordering a new one I will check

Andyk

Have you noticed that all the model 18 year GT's for sale are Sports and and not the more expensive MC. To me it makes sense as the Sport is 94k and the MC just under 110k .... Performance wise on paper they are no different....both top speed is 185 and 0-60 quoted the same at 4.8 seconds. Suppose for your extra 15k you get a car that looks like a Stradale with carbon bonnet but would imagine the suspension set up is different maybe.....but for this extra it doesn't seem to improve performance......At least with the original Stradale you had a bit more power......If buying new it makes sense to stick to the S and add some extra goodies as it would still be cheaper than the MC ..... Unless you have to have that bonnet vents and rear Stradale bumper.

Contigo

Sponsor
Still for me the best looking Coupe/GT on the roads. Would love a new one if they offered a decent box in it like the MC Shift or even Fezza Twin Clutch.

Andyk

Also worth noting the MC set up on an S is an option at £1080 so the S really does make sense. Just configured a new S with lots of lovey options and it came to 103k....against 110k for the MC and looked just as good....in fact I think I prefer the rear bumper on the S as well.....

Agree Phil, would be nice to hVe one of the final cars.....you will not see another like it from Maserati probably. End of an era........

Chrisb2015

FYI - from March the 16th MY18 GT&GC orders will be closed and no more orders can be submitted to the plant for 2018 production year. It was originally going to be May, so presumably ongoing sales aren’t justifying continued production.

bigbob

FYI - from March the 16th MY18 GT&GC orders will be closed and no more orders can be submitted to the plant for 2018 production year. It was originally going to be May, so presumably ongoing sales aren’t justifying continued production.

Cheers. The thing is how do we know there won't be a 2019MY? They stopped before for quite a few months but found some spare Ghibli nav screens and powered up again....I have a feeling it might be like a rock bands last tour (until the next last one).

Andyk

I think it's sad that production is ending but I pretty sure none of us thought they would sell many of the face let no matter how much we all l've it. Press said good things about it being old school but it would seem most punters these days don't want old school....They want another 100 bhp and modern up to date motoring. Sad as I for one will miss it....The face lift really does look great.

tasnam

Chrisb2015 - what is the source of your info? Do you work at Maserati or a dealership?

Andyk

Yep, 4x4 and 4 door saloons order of the day for a while and looks like the next car will be a little 4x4.....Oh dear....