Sportsmaserati Musicians.

Wanderer

As well as the Shergold Marathon 6 Bass, I have a Gretsch Electromatic, a Fender Electric XII and a Rickenbacker 360/12WB, Fender needs some paint, Rick is 100% immaculate (92 model).

Love me Electric 12's.......

P5Nij

I really regret selling this now, my '67 Vox Teardrop Starstream MkXII, the built in effects were fantastic, especially when played through the Vox Conqueror amp and cab set up I had for a while...

When I can afford it I'll try and find another, or maybe a Vox Phantom XII or a Ricky 360/12.

Related trivia alert - my Mum's half sister's hubby owns Phil Lynott's old Mini-Moog!

Cannot remember if I posted before
1977 Fender Tele
1969 Gibson SG
1967 Gibson SG Batwing
Les Paul forgery
2 Eko Acoustic
1934 National Resonator (Bessie)
My brother has made and given me a Banjo and a Uke

Cannot play any of these adequately!
I need a Vox AC30 amp

Wanderer

Cannot remember if I posted before
1977 Fender Tele
1969 Gibson SG
1967 Gibson SG Batwing
Les Paul forgery
2 Eko Acoustic
1934 National Resonator (Bessie)
My brother has made and given me a Banjo and a Uke

Cannot play any of these adequately!
I need a Vox AC30 amp
I had a Vox AC120, it was shite, I played my then 73 Ricky 360/12 single binding, (stolen) though it and as it was valve (half valve/half tranny) it distorted my clean 12 Jinglejangle too much, I hated it. I was after the River McGuinn clean sound with compression but I never got it due to lack of kit and lack of funds back in 1980......

Nayf

I’m on iTunes. Well one track is.
Given the general taste in music on here, I can’t imagine it’s your thing.

Wanderer

I’m on iTunes. Well one track is.
Given the general taste in music on here, I can’t imagine it’s your thing.
My lad is a development of me, he did Music Theory and Performance but now he's just wasting his talent, does covers on YouTube and some original stuff, he's a 25 and directionless at the moment, trying to motivate time but I think it's just time, not lack of urge....

Here, for some reason a dogs head, maybe hiding himself....

and here, original piece mixture of real instruments and synthetic ones and Logic Pro X..

I think that's quality!!

Wanderer

I really regret selling this now, my '67 Vox Teardrop Starstream MkXII, the built in effects were fantastic, especially when played through the Vox Conqueror amp and cab set up I had for a while...

View attachment 62413

View attachment 62414

View attachment 62415

When I can afford it I'll try and find another, or maybe a Vox Phantom XII or a Ricky 360/12.

Related trivia alert - my Mum's half sister's hubby owns Phil Lynott's old Mini-Moog!
My bro is after a Phantom Series Seven I think - the coffin shaped one with the effects, one chap has one for sale at 9.5k!

Wanderer

I can also say that my lad actually sacked Ian Brown (lead singer - The Stone Roses) from producing his band's album, he wanted £900 to produce it, sack the drummer in lieu of a drum machine and lose the other guitarist. They said no and gave him the proverbial.

Said drummer who was a great lad lost his life a few weeks ago in Bridport, swept out to sea, good mate of my son and me too, he was a breath of fresh air, poor lad..

It's a fukn tragedy, poor kid, to go like that. My lad is sort of laughing it off, he's deep, very deep like I was at his age, I'm sure he's hurting, but I know him and pushing it will only irk him like it would me at his age. It's on my mind a lot lately and I can't think how to sort it. We are a family of keeping it bottled in, I've moved on and I cry and wail at anything now, but in my youth I was a closed book, like my lad is now.

P5Nij

My bro is after a Phantom Series Seven I think - the coffin shaped one with the effects, one chap has one for sale at 9.5k!

There are so many variations with the Teardrops and Phantoms it's hard to keep up, I used to have a book on them years ago which listed them all. A while back I had the chance to bag a Phantom Guitar organ for £1500 but turned it down, i wish I'd gone for it now. Take your pick...

Doctor Houx

I play Bass and sing. Remember Ian Dury and the Blockheads? Well Ian and Charlie the original drummer are no longer around, but the rest of the original members are alive and well and gig regularly. Had a new album out last year that I played and sang on some of the tracks. Oi Oi!

Attachments

• FF33DEA6-4D1D-4426-BB8D-44794E7B91F7.jpeg
    FF33DEA6-4D1D-4426-BB8D-44794E7B91F7.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 12

P5Nij

Vox Phantom Stereo with all the bells and whistles, it looks like a spaceship...

CatmanV2

I play Bass and sing. Remember Ian Dury and the Blockheads? Well Ian and Charlie the original drummer are no longer around, but the rest of the original members are alive and well and gig regularly. Had a new album out last year that I played and sang on some of the tracks. Oi Oi!

My father in law gave Ian Drury a lift many years ago :)

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

There's a claim to fame! Love a bit of Ian Dury.