Maserati driver in the news... again

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Good. He deserves to be flogged, the fvcking stupid ****. What a *****. I hope the police officers make a good recovery, although it sounds like they have a lot of work ahead of them.

Still, other than the car being labeled a 'supercar', I'm not sure what else this article tells us about public perceptions of high-end cars.

D Walker

I'm not sure what relevance the make of car adds to the report, but that's journalism for you.

Scaf

He deserves everything that is coming to him - including a civil lawsuit for compensation.
No excuse for drunk driving.

I would agree the fact is was a Maserati adds nothing to the story.

Corranga

Standard reporting.

Don't think it's got anything to do with public perception of the brand, simply they can't differential because of race, sex or religion but making out that he is well off is a great way to get interest.
Had he been driving a Kia we'd here nothing of it, and the reality is that he is drink driving scum and that's what should be up front and centre.

Phil B

"Had he been driving a Kia we'd here nothing of it"

Chris,
Sadly, that's so true. No 'hook' value in a strapline featuring most family cars. Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, etc. feature in Youtube 'Fails' for that reason.

Phill

Wack61

Shows what a scumbag he is , false name , refusing a breath test , let's hope is time in prison is as unpleasant as possible , people make mistakes when driving but he sounds like a right chancer , caught drunk twice but how many times

philw696

Spot on Darren.
Whose taking his place to LeMans ?
Bad taste I know and will now stand in the naughty corner.

spkennyuk

Shows what a scumbag he is , false name , refusing a breath test , let's hope is time in prison is as unpleasant as possible , people make mistakes when driving but he sounds like a right chancer , caught drunk twice but how many times

Was it a fake name or Shaikh name. Sentence should have been much longer for 2nd offence and considering the damage to peoples lives that has been caused.

What a **** ****** w****r

Wack61

It says false name and address given on the BBC link , also some BS about having a blackout after drinking 4 glasses of wine , drunks don't blackout on 4 glasses , I doubt he'd even look particularly drunk

Sadly, the police careers of the two officers involved are almost certainly over.
I've seen police officers given medical retirement for much less serious injuries, which also affected their mobility. I don't know what sort of 'offer' the Met will make, or if there's a contract clause that stipulates benefits for a medical retirement. Depends on their length of service also.
Its possible that they will have to retrain for another career and possible too that long term, they suffer a considerable financial loss.
As for scumbag. He'll be out in twelve to eighteen months, given automatic remission and the pressure on prison space. I suspect that he'll have a pretty warm welcome in the Scrubs, given he almost killed two police officers. A year or so from now, he'll be out on the street and can get on with his life. He will have a permanent criminal record, but I doubt that will bother him much.
Sorry guys. No happy ending in this story.

I suspect the work drunk is being used simply to mean over the drink driving limit

The offence is / used to be drunk in charge of a motor vehicle, if you were in the vicinity of the vehicle with its keys
or driving whilst under the influence of intoxicating liquor if you were witnessed by police driving the vehicle.
(roughly speaking) So, yep, a careless abbreviated version might be 'drunk driver'.