West Wales newbie

Hurricane52

Andy - I think that’s a 260. Well regarded especially in France. My Atlantique is with some other lucky person now.

Phil - the 456 was a great machine and with 12 pots a proper Ferrari. I still think it has one of the best looking backsides of any car. I hated the silly seats - comfy, but way too heavy and the electrical bits were the same rubbish Jaguar was using. I’ll whisper this bit - the interior leather and the fit and finish was a step up from the 3200GT, but even then not without problems. Overall, however, it was just too heavy to be fun on UK roads and too small in the back for people. Never tried a 360. I’m now in love with the QPV GTS, which is stupidly long, but doesn’t seem too wide. Tend to avoid the smaller roads in it anyway and stick to the old Armstrong Siddeley for pootling along the lanes.

New Zealand and Wales seem to be kindred spirits in many ways.

Hurricane52

For the last four summers we took the kids to Italy, Spain and France in the QP 4.7 GTS. This summer they vetoed any holiday which involved sitting in a car - even one with loads of legroom in the back, rear sun-blind, adjustable heated rear seats and their own air conditioning. They must have forgotten the 15 minute tunnel run under the Pyrenees and the spectacular Alpine passes with the Italian Job soundtrack (which interestingly on Spotify eventually morphs into some really cool Swiss jazz/French Chanson tracks which really suits the Eurotrash vibes).

The Good Parenting handbook probably suggests forcing them onto an RyanAir flight to Majorca to get them to change their minds. Couldn’t face that and couldn’t let the poor car sit in the garage little used for another 12 months, so it had to be sold. Or so it was suggested by the management.

Called Richard Grace and the poor chap endured a Transport for Wales sauna to meet me at Aberystwyth station. I was convinced his journey home again across North Wales would make up for it.

After his thorough preparation and a service with new discs and pads at Autoshield, Richard was on the cusp of listing it on his website this morning, when he received an email enquiry seeking such a car. Tonight, it’s already with its new owner in a very good home.

I’ll not forget our five years with the four door Ferrari - a bit of a naff description, but well founded. The sound, quality and beauty is hard to beat and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend a QP GTS to anyone, even those with teenage kids.

Thanks to Marios and his team for keeping it in fine fettle and thanks to Dicky for his online dating service.

Ciao to our iron fist in a velvet glove. You will be much missed.

IMG_0021.jpeg
IMG_3530.jpegIMG_3532.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 15

Andyk

Such a beautiful QP and a very lucky new owner. Wondered when it would come up on Dicky’s web site as it was a while ago when he posted a picture of the car asking where did we think he was.

Andyk

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
A far better way to travel rather than British Rail Richard.
Surprised you haven't got a personal driver to move you around.
I have, my wife Lucy does most of the local journeys and Manchester etc. She didn’t fancy Aberystwyth and back on a Friday evening. I most certainly did, managed 3 hours of cricket on the SkyGo on the way down. Beautiful train ride down and then the drive back across all the roads I know so well through North Wales.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Such a beautiful QP and a very lucky new owner. Wondered when it would come up on Dicky’s web site as it was a while ago when he posted a picture of the car asking where did we think he was.

Hummm. I wish I had seen that!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
In a rather strange turn of events the owner decided the car wasn’t for him, as he lives in Marylebone. Absolutely adored the car he just realised he’d purchased a car that didn’t suit his needs. He’d owned one in the USA but found it didn’t suit his needs on Central London roads so I have it back. Will be listed shortly and I’ll drop the link on here, probably the nicest one we’ve ever had.

Attachments

• IMG_1248.jpeg
    IMG_1248.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1252.jpeg
    IMG_1252.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1254.jpeg
    IMG_1254.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 18