What a difference....

Andy Marshall

Just replaced all 4 pirellis on my Spyder with Michelin Pilot Sport4. All I can say is, wow. So much nicer to drive with a nice steering feel. Tyres noise is much reduced (especially the front) and the ride is significantly improved.

zagatoes30

Just replaced all 4 pirellis on my Spyder with Michelin Pilot Sport4. All I can say is, wow. So much nicer to drive with a nice steering feel. Tyres noise is much reduced (especially the front) and the ride is significantly improved.

Always preferred Pilots or Goodyear Eagles to Pirellis on most cars but especially on the Spyder

Tufan

But how is the contribution to agility? Fast corners, emergency braking, stability at sport mode for kick off etc?

MrPea

But how is the contribution to agility? Fast corners, emergency braking, stability at sport mode for kick off etc?
So much better!
Also, if you have a Spyder, it's partly so you can hear the car, so i completely agree the road noise problem can be fixed with X or H pipe, decats and an open valved orator of boxes.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Now the Good Year F1 A2s have been replaced by an inferior tyre, I have already identified the Michelin PS 4s as my next purchase for th spyder. Good choice!

rockits

Agreed. I have PS4's on the Alfa GT & thumbs up. Then Pilot SuperSports on the 4200 rear also thumbs up.

adam01

Now the Good Year F1 A2s have been replaced by an inferior tyre, I have already identified the Michelin PS 4s as my next purchase for th spyder. Good choice!
Interesting comment re GY

Can you point to reviews etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jnismith

I was just about to post a new thread saying what a difference!! Just put 4 Michelin PS4 on my GS and it is so much smoother to drive. Almost feels like a new car. Can also hear the exhaust better (and rattles etc.). I also thought that £790 wasn't too bad.

conaero

Forum Owner
Waiting for my Pzeros to burn out then Ill be doing the same. Only hear good things about them.

Zep

I was just about to post a new thread saying what a difference!! Just put 4 Michelin PS4 on my GS and it is so much smoother to drive. Almost feels like a new car. Can also hear the exhaust better (and rattles etc.). I also thought that £790 wasn't too bad.

Awesome! The MPSS transformed my GS, I hear the PS4s are great and they are bring out the PS4 Sport soon which is a slightly more sporty version.

A friend has PS4 on his daily and they last twice as long as Contis with the same driving style. The best you can get as far as I am concerned.

Ewan

Always amazes me how many people seem surprised when their brand new tyres are better than their old knackered ones! What were they expecting to feel/happen?!

Jnismith

Always amazes me how many people seem surprised when their brand new tyres are better than their old knackered ones! What were they expecting to feel/happen?!

It’s not quite amazing. I bought the car a month ago with tyres which were ok but 6 years old. The ride was pretty **** so I knew I had to change them but as I was taking the car to Rockingham for a blast, decided to keep them for a few weeks.

Now had time to sort it and Lo and behold, it’s exactly as McGraths said, it makes a hugh difference. So I’m happy.

Panicracing

When I put Michelin pss on my GS last year totally transformed the car, best tyre out their at the moment imho.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

CatmanV2

And it always validates that they picked the right tyre!

C

Panicracing

I agree on this but I took off a full set of Falken 452s which had done no miles and for the money where a very good tyre apart from the noise which was horendous, Michelin PSS transformed the car on every level. Pzero is a great tyre in warm weather but so unpredictable when the temperature drops.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk