Recommendations for Re-spray/Bodywork places for my GTS

Nighthawk

Hi All,

I'm looking into getting a re-spray of the front Nose cone section of my GTS, and also the bonnet. The car is 10 years old and the paint on the nose cone has seen better days. I also have a series of stone chips in the bonnet that the last guy that detailed the car said were bad enough to warrant a re-spray.

My question is, does anyone have a recommendation of someone who can turn out the expected quality of re-spray work required of a Maserati paint job, without the expense of taking it to a main dealer? I live in North London so if anyone knows of a reputable place that con do this work within a reasonable distance of me, I'd very much appreciate the advice.

Cheers,

James

rd993

I’d recommend Ital Coachworks in Wembley. Both Gary and Artur are good guys, know their stuff and are reasonably priced.

Nighthawk

OK, great. Many thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check them out.

Much appreciated!

FIFTY

Voicey mentioned someone very good for respraying cars prestige level and above in South East London but he said that they operate on a slightly longer lead time

sofasurfer

I believe it was Bodytechnics Voicey made reference to

Seeing as Bodytechnics are part of the HR Owen group and thus handle all the md work for repairs/resprays etc. will their prices not be pretty much identical to just going to the md?

Having seen the breakdown of cost that my GTS is currently undergoing I can only imagine they would be pricey.

rd993

From recollection I think Voicey suggested using Bodytechnics in the context of insurance paying?

sofasurfer

He did...it was about the damage to my car and a good bodyshop near to me. Mine is an insurance job and being paid by Admiral.

Nighthawk

Hi All,

So Special thanks to member rd993 for the recommendation of Ital-Coachworks near Wembly. I decided to take my car in to Gary there, as they are only 30 minutes drive away and they seemed to know what they were doing with regards to exotic motors. In the end, they resprayed my bonnet, nose-cone and both front wings to colour match everything, then did a paint-less dent removal on the doors and rear quarter panels, touched-up small chips on both doors and then did a full Mop & Polish of the rest of the car.

i think the results speak for themselves....

Respray1.jpg
Respray2.jpg
Respray3.jpg

So glad I got this done. Its transformed the look of the front end and its so straight, not a dent or chip or scratch in sight. The guys down there really know what they are doing and I can't recommend them enough if you need to get some paintwork or bodywork done. They took great care of my car and the price was very reasonable indeed. A good price for great work and lots of it.

Thanks again to everyone that made recommendations for places to take my car, I really appreciate it and I'm super-happy with the results.

James

montravia

Goodness that's drop dead gorgeous.

I'll have that, considering something similar.

Would you be happy letting us know a ROM cost?

rd993

Hi All,

So Special thanks to member rd993 for the recommendation of Ital-Coachworks near Wembly. I decided to take my car in to Gary there, as they are only 30 minutes drive away and they seemed to know what they were doing with regards to exotic motors. In the end, they resprayed my bonnet, nose-cone and both front wings to colour match everything, then did a paint-less dent removal on the doors and rear quarter panels, touched-up small chips on both doors and then did a full Mop & Polish of the rest of the car.

i think the results speak for themselves....

View attachment 47843
View attachment 47844
View attachment 47845

So glad I got this done. Its transformed the look of the front end and its so straight, not a dent or chip or scratch in sight. The guys down there really know what they are doing and I can't recommend them enough if you need to get some paintwork or bodywork done. They took great care of my car and the price was very reasonable indeed. A good price for great work and lots of it.

Thanks again to everyone that made recommendations for places to take my car, I really appreciate it and I'm super-happy with the results.

James

No problem - glad I could help. Car looks really lovely.

Nighthawk

Goodness that's drop dead gorgeous.

I'll have that, considering something similar.

Would you be happy letting us know a ROM cost?

So the Bonnet and Nose cone was £800, the 2 wings were £200 each so £1440 including VAT. The dent repair came in at £50 a panel trade cost, paid separately, and the touch up and Mop and Polish he threw in for free to make it look its best. So £1640 all in. I can't complain about that.

montravia

So the Bonnet and Nose cone was £800, the 2 wings were £200 each so £1440 including VAT. The dent repair came in at £50 a panel trade cost, paid separately, and the touch up and Mop and Polish he threw in for free to make it look its best. So £1640 all in. I can't complain about that.

More than excellent, in both quality and price.