Ferrari 488 Pista

MrMickS

There's an awful lot of aero on the car as well. It will be interesting to see some lap times as I reckon it'll go around corners like nothing else.

conaero

Forum Owner
Sorry, there is just something about the 488 I dont like...am I aloud to say that?

The 458 that it replaces was just such a jaw dropping car.

No denying the performance though, mind bending.

azapa

That looks lovely. 'Pista', by the way, means Track. I saw a ton of jokes about the name on the PH thread, but to the rest of the world (Latins at least) it actually sounds quite cool. I originally liked the sound of the 488 exhaust note, but a mate tried a quick pull away to impress the photogs on Saturday, and it was a huge 'meh' moment for me.

It is completely beautiful though, and I would love one. 5 assigned to Chile!

Zep

I think it looks good in the flesh, a friend of my cousin has one. He was visibly offended when I asked if the exhaust noise was as good as the 458 he had before. Then he pulled away and I could tell why, it was just a blare, no finesse at all.

conaero

Forum Owner
If 'Pista' means track, whats 'Corsa' mean then (other than a mid 90's shitbox)?

Andyk

Corsa means race Matt....Pista track...and I believe Assetto means attitude.....

conaero

Forum Owner
A Vauxhall 'Race' have you ever heard anything so silly :)

Thanks for clearing that up Andy.

bigbob

Sorry, there is just something about the 488 I dont like...am I aloud to say that?

The 458 that it replaces was just such a jaw dropping car.

No denying the performance though, mind bending.

488 sounds very different too. One went past me a couple of days ago and sounded a bit dull.

conaero

Forum Owner
488 sounds very different too. One went past me a couple of days ago and sounded a bit dull.

Yep, a mate who is coming to Le Mans has one and is also looking at the Pista and it does not sound very good.

bigbob

I suppose we all find engine noise to be important given we like Maseratis', that's one of the reasons the McLaren 540/570 disappointed me. I'm thinking R8 V10 next (exhaust noise) and n/a power delivery..

My GTS has such a benign chassis and power delivery that when I drove a QPVI diesel I got it sideways on a slip road with all that twin turbo power delivery wallop, Pirelli tyres, RWD and coldish temps.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose we all find engine noise to be important given we like Maseratis', that's one of the reasons the McLaren 540/570 disappointed me.

Does the 650 sound better, Bob? The prices of those continue to tumble. Even the 720 is comfortably sub-£200k now. I'd be in one of those before a Pista.

Andyk

With you on that Adam.....Just looking at 570s and 720s on AT ..... Just lovely machines.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Or a DBS Superleggera, Andy. Probably the special that Aston Martin Cambridge has unveiled.