Back in a Trident after 3 long years ...

jamesc69

Its been 3 long dark years but I'm finally back in the Maserati fold after selling my lovely 2007 Gransport to help finance my wedding. Now that's true love :wink:

My cars for the last 3 years have been a BMW 650 Convertible (bland) and a hugely capable 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0. The Jag was a bit of beast, made a great noise with the fuse for the active exhaust removed, but it was not a Maserati !

So i started my search a couple of weeks ago for a 2010-2011 Gran Turismo S. My first call was to Richard Grace who as usual gave me some pointers with what to look for. Rusting subframes (they rot from the inside out apparently according to Marios @ Autoshield) , check radio works (£5K to replace yikes), and also listen out for suspension knocks, rattles and groans. Unfortunately Dicky did not have any suitable cars in stock at the time as a really wanted an auto.

After looking at 4 cars i settled on this beauty:-

[AIMG_0450.jpgTTACH=CONFIG]47537[/ATTACH]BJ9I5089.jpgBJ9I5092.jpgBJ9I5095.jpgBJ9I5125.jpg

BJ9I5087.jpg

The drive home from London to Southport was pretty nerve racking due to atrocious weather and an alarming lateral movement from the rear over motorway expansion joints. The "wiggle" scared the **** out of me.

The following day i booked the car in for a Hunter 4 wheel alignment check at the Ball Joint Centre in Liverpool. All 4 wheels alignment were a mile out and the boys quickly got the alignment back to factory set up. Best £65 ever, the cars handling has been transformed.

Next day the car went to Autoshield for a check over (i know i know should have done this pre-purchase !) Thankfully Russel declared the car a "good un" with just a broken actuator which opens the exhaust valve (£20 ish ).

Next job, wheel spacers to try and fill in that gaping rear wheel arch

I have not wasted any time getting back involved with the forum guys and managed to bag myself a place on the Le Mans bash.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the near future.

Attachments

• BJ9I5093-2.jpg
    BJ9I5093-2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 110
  • BJ9I5090.jpg
    BJ9I5090.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 110

jamesc69

Very black and lovely with it!

C

Yes i'm a sucker for black cars. Nothing beats then clean and polished at twilight. Bugger to clean of course.

I know the black on black interior can seem a little claustrophobic, but black leather seems to wear better (hides marks and creases) so much better than lighter colours imo.

2b1ask1

Special case
Great looking car, you will upset the OCD mob with the misaligned centre caps though!

highlander

GT one of the few maseratis that can carry black on black well IMO, nice car, good luck with it and enjoy!