Alfaholics 'Classic' Alfa Day -Castle Combe April 21st 2018

luckesGTV6

Usual format for the event by the look of it.
Classic '105 series' and the odd Giulietta etc. on track at racing speeds - Alfaholics cars did very well last year in international events.
There are also free 'parade laps' for any other Alfas attending, you will possibly need a crash helmet though this year!
Always a great bunch of Alfisti there to chat to so you won't be lonely.
A good opportunity to improve the camera skills as well. :)

luckesGTV6

Hi guys,

Just a nudge for next Friday/Saturday for Alfaholics 17th Event, at their HQ on the Friday and 'Combe Circuit on Saturday.

I'll hopefully be there both days but don't let that put you off! :)

MrMickS

Missed this completely. Which is a shame as I fancied going. I've got other things planned now so will have to make sure I pencil it in next year.

How's your GTV after your last trip around Castle Combe?

luckesGTV6

Hi MRMICKS,

Sorry you overlooked this one but yes, it's a good event.

The Alfa is fine thanks and I was so lucky there was no structural damage 'cos it walloped the tyre wall quite hard and the onboard video shows a few feet of 'conveyor belt' torn from the tyrewall flying across the bonnet! I did have to fit the drivers door off the Twinspark however as it was too much of a challenge to repair.

Due to the carp weather since October and the petulance of the English car it, sadly, remains sub-concours but is still a pleasure to drive daily and I'm really looking forward to sorting it out properly if we ever get some decent weather. :)

Hope to see you during the year and don't forget to pencil in the October 'Combe event! :)

luckesGTV6

FYI Guys - I've spoken to a spokesman at the Alfaholics 'speakeasy' and I was told that the parade laps will not require a crash helmet. :)

I probably go there for the wrong reasons (social, domestic and pleasure as it says on insurance policies) but it's great to view Alfaholics spotless workshops and to chat to fellow Alfa enthusiasts and on Saturday to walk round the track with camera, sandwiches, flask and revive old memories of midfield jousts without the chicaines and when the paddock was (strangely) just beyond Old Paddock Bend.

Good to see the championship winning 'Alfa classics' and others driven at speed.

Good also to trot around the circuit with the mid day tsunami of Alfas on the parade laps. :)

Appreciation to Alfaholics for inviting us to be at this event. :)

Last edited:

Kazzer

We will be there for a couple of hours on the Saturday don't know yet if I can get away from work for Friday

lisknik

Anybody going to the open day at he workshop today get pics please..... i can't make it :(

luckesGTV6

Cracking weather forecast for tomorrow, very suitable for open top or climate controlled motoring and the application of sunblock and Fosters (in moderation).

Today's the 'Alfaholics at home' day of course. I understand that they are offering refreshments so it could be a good lunchtime 'jolly' for Brizzle Alfisti who have to work.

Will be attending in 'the other car' for it's overdue shakedown run, all being well and subject to the DVLA's beta online presence being restored so I can get it legal!

Have a good weekend everyone :)

luckesGTV6

Hi fellow Alfisti,

It was good to see so many of us guys & dolls from the SportsAlfa Forum at the event, on both days. I'd only expected to see about 3, for some reason!
This brief resume is for the benefit of those unable to attend,

Saturday:
The Alfaholics workshops were to their usual impeccable standards and the buffet provided by them on the Saturday was amazing.
I did my usual 'faux pas' by mistaking someone for a classic Alfa owner I chatted to last year but it turned out to be Richard Banks so with the confusion eventually sorted we had an in-depth chat on Alfa 105's 916's and various Lotuses (FYI)
I drove to Hither Green as the first shakedown run in the 'other car' but I had taken the precaution of donning Alfa red overalls with the Alfa logo on the pocket to demonstrate marque loyalty. This backfired when some owners thought I was an employee! :)

DSCN8855.jpgDSCN8849.jpgDSCN8853.jpg

Sunday had good weather mostly and a fine selection of Alfas attended from the 105's to the modern Julia Quadrioglios or whatever they are called.
Of course it started to spit rain on the parade laps so one or two in gorgeous spiders had to pull over and put the hood up leaving gaps which others exploited in order to travel at outrageous speeds. (tut tut, shameful!)
Of course my camera (Ebay) battery dislodged as we turned onto the track so no boring onboard video of the backside of another GTV!

Sunday photos below, I took about a skip full but these best show most of the Forum line-up.

DSCN8889.jpgDSCN8886.jpg

Took the liberty of thanking Alfaholics on behalf of us spectators for allowing us to attend and parade around the track - and all this for nowt'.

MrMickS

Will definitely try to make it next year. Went to Spring Alfa Day yesterday without incident so feel happy with the Spider on longer journeys now.

Thinking of going to South West Alfa Day at Haynes in May.