New job, need a new daily driver, Fiat 595?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
As part of my new job starting in 3 weeks time, I need to find myself a daily driver.
I get a car allowance, so I'm free to choose!
On average though, I will be doing probably 20K miles a year for business, and about 5K private. The remaining private in the Maser and Stag, plus the Mrs V40 D4.

I could go all lease/PCP and get like I have had before a BMW 3 series Touring or similar, but to be honest, I don't want to tie myself up with a deal if the job doesn't work out or my mileage estimation is wrong.

Maybe i'm going all misty eyed back to my 20's when I had my buzz box Lancia Y10 Turbo, that was a hoot to drive, and I keep looking at Abarth 595's...

Just browsing, you understand, at something like this:

http://www.usedabarth.co.uk/single-used-car/abarth-595-petrol-3dr-201802063459872/

or this: (I do like the blue!)

http://www.usedabarth.co.uk/single-used-car/abarth-595-petrol-3dr-201802103597265/

Not a massive amount of money to lay on the table, not too old, not leggy on mileage, warranty etc.

Is it a silly idea? Are they tiresome on the motorway? Do I need to get it out of my system? Do I need to grow up? (not likely!)

Anyway I'm off on holiday for a weeks skiing with the family tomorrow (edit, today!), so plenty to think about, then only a few days left to the end of the month at my old place, and I have given myself a week off before starting my new job....with new car....

....or any other suggestions welcome. I don't like to follow the heard, especially with a free hand for a change!

alfatwo

There fun and bloody quick too Mike, not sure about a daily though... you'd struggle with your old 4200 against one of those on the twisties!

Dave

Rwc13

I've had a couple as dailys and they've been brilliant, and they're fine on the motorway. However, the standard seats are not very good -not very supportive and not very adjustable - gave me back problems. If you can find one with the optional Sabelt seats I'd recommend them - much more supportive and also look fantastic.

D Walker

Agree with rwc, ours was a Fiat 500, I found it uncomfortable and wearing on the motorway..

zagatoes30

Fun little things and loads of mods available, as above buy it use it until it bores you sell and replace. If you buy carefully you won't lose much and you can have fun trying different things.

rockits

Not sure I could have something so small as a daily. Took in a Focus ST-3 a while back & got bored of that very quickly.