Larini X pipe on 4200

Delmonte

I'm debating / trying to talk myself into getting one of these. I know this is a difficult question because it's so subjective, but....
The car sounds great (standard exhaust). But I'm thinking I want it a little louder... maybe a bit crisper, a bit more Ferrari ish, rather than American V8 ish (have heard some Masers with aftermarket exhaust that sound a bit like that).
If I change to just Larini x pipe and change noth8ng else what can I expect? Is it much louder? Is it boomy and do your head in on m ways? Anyone done this on a 4200?
..and I wouldn't do it myself anyway, but is it a swine of a job? Do other exhaust bits fall apart when you try it, etc?

Spartacus

get an unsilenced X pipe for a Ferrari scream , then if you want more noise modify your back boxes . Speak to Benny D on here , he will point you in the right direction .

miket

Second what Spartacus says, start with a forum x pipe off Benny it's not so awkward to fit I did my own with the use of a friends lift. If it's not enough you can progress to the rear boxes or front re-cat, that is change the standard cats to sports cats. The cat option depends largely on what spec your manifolds are!
4A9CE89D-96B2-4CE1-BB26-BA4E0336A066.jpg

Delmonte

The Larini X pipe is unsilenced anyway, yeah? Does it replace a section of exhaust that as standard, is already silenced? Thus removing a silencer?