Hydro-dipping

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Photos eagerly awaited, David!

By the way, can I assume that various finishes are possible - from gloss to satin / matt?

D Walker

D 112 - Anyone done the backs of their seats, the only ones I have found is on the US Site......

davidhowson

Loads of different styles to choose from, not just carbon fibre.
Take a look at wicked coatings website.
I will post up some pictures as soon as i can

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

davidhowson

Oh my, this look so good! The finish is absolutely amazing!

80327a78c7757221baa9012d10df2ece.jpg

Rwc13

Wow, very nice. The depth of shine looks very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leeq61

That looks great David, I think i'll get a quote for my internal front and rear silver door strips in carbon.

davidhowson

Hi Lee
I'm going to have those done too possibly along with the air vents.
I can not fault the quality of workmanship in these parts i had back today

leeq61

Hi Lee
I’m going to have those done too possibly along with the air vents.
I can not fault the quality of workmanship in these parts i had back today

I'd be interested in seeing those when you do get them done - the air vents sound interesting, I'd never thought of doing them.. I've just sent them an email now for a quote. I want the carbon look to match the centre console and steering wheel carbon on my Gransport as much as possible, so I will see what they come back with.

davidhowson

i have the GS steering wheel on my car and this should be a really good match. My air vents went sticky so i removed the black surface but now they feel really cheap and nasty (which i guess they are). i've seen them in carbon and i quite like the look but it's more complex coating a moving part.

Andyk

A few years back now when I was having my wheels refurbished they would hydro dip your wheels to look like carbon fibre so would imagine it has to be pretty tough to have it on a wheel.

azapa

Thanks looks wonderful! Very tempting!

If the finish applied is a two part epoxy it will be as scratch resistant as real carbon fiber, but of course not as strong mechanically.

D Walker

Interesting - I think the gear shift paddles were something like £570 from Australia - though they are carbon and slightly larger...

davidhowson

I asked about durability and was told should be very tough, obviously don't put your keys on it!
It's a really high gloss finish and difficult to take good pictures without getting loads of reflections but here's a few more fitted as a demo before I refit for real.
Any guesses how much it cost to do both pieces?
05c57e46d351a1db6ca9e34b976c67ec.jpg
5568f1f257a60d0ca6be1f792e65b973.jpg

Panicracing

Just had these back from Wicked Coatings. Excellent job. For my E63 AMG daily, car has carbon pack 2 option but not sill trims which are part of carbon pack 1. From memory genuine CF trims from MB were about £2.5k. Purchased these in black gloss from MB and sent for Hydrodip. All in cost a shade under £500. Rear diffuser and front apron to do over the summer when GS out of storage.
355631caceb11d6a4f819263243555d4.jpg
764534759afda268d34338359119cce2.jpg
f612ec08abc8480c1a698cf240a2ab97.jpg

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk