Winter Wheels finally on - standby for heatwave

IanU

Apologies for the size of the photos - I've had a 'mare trying to resize these (they were huge to start with) and have now I've officially lost the will to live.
I started inquiries about this quite a few weeks ago now, and finally all the parts have come together and I managed to get them on today.
Refurbished set of rims from Italy via e-bay turned up very promptly. Cheaper to pay in Euro than £ ?
eMj8fWcb.jpg

Ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's which seemed to be the best price to be able to get a matched set of 4.

Decided that they needed something that just lifted them a bit and maybe compliment the calipers, so went with some red pinstripe around the inside of the rim. Coated with a layer of laquer to keep it sealed - thought it looked quite good:
t3YUlb1b.jpg

MuL9GRKb.jpg

ZplCld2b.jpg

4 new wheel centre caps from e-bay too:
9MhtDXMb.jpg

Then coated with a product from Dodo Juice - nano technolgy treatment that forms an almost non stick layer that makes cleaning them in future sooooo easy - no need for harsh brake dust cleaners, warm soapy water and a wash mit and the dirt falls off.
zNwlEvUb.jpg

Ready to go:
HFBs1PSb.jpg

xuIM5jxb.jpg

4RI1Rdeb.jpg

Quick wash first - see how the water beads on the coating:
5edcQzXb.jpg

Then off to the Park and Ride for some space to admire the view :)
8KLqZNtb.jpg

y1xsqT9b.jpg

7VayX9Cb.jpg

VVZO1ajb.jpg

E3A5Yzhb.jpg

PON3WRfb.jpg

HnBApvvb.jpg

SXIUKkVb.jpg

I'm rather pleased with them, now what to do with the 20" set to get them ready for summer?

Cheers
Ian.

Navcorr

Apologies for the size of the photos - I've had a 'mare trying to resize these
Any cheapo freebie software should do the trick - been using Paint Shop Pro for about 25 years.
PON3WRfb.jpg

I like the red stripe - rather subtle sir.
Unlike the other red stripe I'm rather partial to :p

stripe.jpg

I couldn't be ar*ed to resize!

safrane

Cherry blossom is already coming out here in Bristol and London...you may want your summer tyres sooner than you think.

Wheels do look nice though.

CLRut

Good work and you wont be disappointed with the tyres. I fitted my Alpins in November and it has allowed journeys in those horrible wet/stunning bright freezing mornings with no issues at all (case in point - this morning at -3c!). Winter tyres are generally for 7c or below, but still work well up to 10-12c, which is often still the broad average through into April. Snow in April is also not uncommon, esp in the North!

IanU

They look good but rather late to the party unless we have a winter storm approaching

Funny you should say that, 6pm last night stepped outside to blizzard conditions at approx 1 degree above freezing and decided to take the AWD Volvo instead!!
It's still bloomin' cold and will be for a while I hope :)