Replace XC90 4.4 V8 with something fast, interesting & reasonably practical...ideas?

rockits

rockits

Needs to be an Estate or something fairly practical. Saloons even with folding rear seats don't really work.

zagatoes30

Not really my style. I'm sure that shifts though.

It might shift but with little weight on the rear wheels I suspect it wags its **** a bit. Saw a coupe version wag a bit too much at Llandow one year and that ended up on its roof

Mattp

How about a Chrysler 300c SRT Hemi? 6litres, low 4's to 60, the saloon sounds brutal - a chap down the road occasionally has one outside his house

I have the answer to all of your needs.
Having input all of your requirements into a bespoke algorithm, the computer says this!
Pink RR.jpg
Its on eBay with an asking price of ONLY £10,000. A complete steal, I think you'll agree.
It makes a strong statement about how you see yourself.
So bursting at the seams with testosterone, that you must surround yourself with pink
feminine objects in every area of your life, to compensate.
See 'Range Rover Sport Overfinch'
Anyhoo. Everyone can now 'stand easy'. Job done. Or......

Or, since you like Swedish curves, for something a little more subdued and which you can guarantee,
will never be stolen or broken into, how about this Saab 95 beauty.....
Hearse.jpg
Easy to upgrade to an Aero configuration plus around 400 bhp, that would leave anything standing at the lights.
Plus loading and unloading is simplicity itself, due to the slide out shelf and triple decker storage configuration
which includes generous roof storage.
I think you'll agree, its the intelligent gentleman's answer.
Again, a steal if you pardon the pun, at about £15,000 on eBay.

Or, if the Polestar doesn't grab you, but you've recently been diagnosed as bipolar, why not drive both, on alternate days!
Genius eh :)

Last edited:

rockits

I have the answer to all of your needs.
Having input all of your requirements into a bespoke algorithm, the computer says this!
View attachment 47433
Its on eBay with an asking price of ONLY £10,000. A complete steal, I think you'll agree.
It makes a strong statement about how you see yourself.
So bursting at the seams with testosterone, that you must surround yourself with pink
feminine objects in every area of your life, to compensate.
See 'Range Rover Sport Overfinch'
Anyhoo. Everyone can now 'stand easy'. Job done. Or......

Or, since you like Swedish curves, for something a little more subdued and which you can guarantee,
will never be stolen or broken into, how about this Saab 95 beauty.....
View attachment 47434
Easy to upgrade to an Aero configuration plus around 400 bhp, that would leave anything standing at the lights.
Plus loading and unloading is simplicity itself, due to the slide out shelf and triple decker storage configuration
which includes generous roof storage.
I think you'll agree, its the intelligent gentleman's answer.
Again, a steal if you pardon the pun, at about £15,000 on eBay.

Or, if the Polestar doesn't grab you, but you've recently been diagnosed as bipolar, why not drive both, on alternate days!
Genius eh :)
Genius indeed. The load space is pretty useful in the 2nd one!

rockits

Cayenne turbo?
Now they are cracking VFM. Trying to move away from SUV into something more car like though so Estate is favourite I think. Never been a Audi fan & the E55/E63 is currently favourite but I should look at an RS6 I guess.

MGT

Now they are cracking VFM. Trying to move away from SUV into something more car like though so Estate is favourite I think. Never been a Audi fan & the E55/E63 is currently favourite but I should look at an RS6 I guess.

I ran one for a year and loved it. Seriously, try one. If you can live with the 12-15mpg! It's just such a nice SUV to drive.