Thread: Glove Box Stuck!

Pulled up at the busy servo this morning to fill up only to find I couldn't open the glove box to pop the fuel cap!

I had to drive away and park up to find the release mechanism from inside the boot, (I expected to find something more substantial than a piece of string)
    but a crisis was averted.

Any tips or experience of others to open the box? I intend to attack it with some WD40 and J..J.. Jiggle it.
    Migliore
    4200 CC 2005 Facelift

My glove box did this last year and no amount of jiggling would open it. Turned out there is a plastic joint inside the catch that had broken off rendering the handle useless. The only way I found to get inside was to undo the screws on the lower side of the glove box that hold it in place and gently drop it down from underneath, removing the whole thing. Following that I did some remedial repairs and refitted it.

I also had it get stuck prior to this but was able to open it by using the key in the lock. Can't say for sure if this was related to the above issue or a different thing though.

That's good to hear thanks Jay, lucky for me the owners manual wasn't in the glove box at the time but in the seat pocket.
    Migliore
    4200 CC 2005 Facelift

I have a good used fuel flap, boot lock switch / glove box light assembly, 3200/4200 etc. FOC .. just pay for the postage

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by alfatwo View Post
    I have a good used fuel flap, boot lock switch / glove box light assembly, 3200/4200 etc. FOC .. just pay for the postage

Dave
    Thanks for your generous offer, I`ll send a PM.
    Last edited by Migliore; 09-02-2018 at 00:24 AM. Reason: content
    Migliore
    4200 CC 2005 Facelift