Gs hot lazy hot start

Spartacus

I looked at a car the other day and it suffered from that thing where when started when hot is limps into life .

Mine does it very occasionally, what causes it ? Is it anything to be affraid of ? I know some people say it happens when you ve just filled up with fuel , but this car was only a quarter full when it did it .

Last edited:

Contigo

Sponsor
Classic one is fuel still in the injectors or fuel rails, vapor lock boiling fuel in the fuel rails is a classic on older cars.

GeoffCapes

My 4200 did that sometimes then a CEL came up. The OBD II said that it was the temp sensor.

Zep

I get it sometimes. Eddie at CL told me to change the carbon canister.

Spartacus

From my experience cleaning a MAF can lead to more problems . They are a very sensetive item

Spartacus

Yes you may be right Mark ha ha , It has other issues mainly dodgy paint . So it would be a rescue mission , but it has great potential to be stunning at the right price.

Spartacus

Maybe ;P Iv seen it in the flesh and driven it . It needs money spending on it , and in my opinion a full respray .

Last edited:

Vampyrebat

You'll have to try and drop him then as he's had it a while now and a full quality re-spray ain't goin' to be cheap!!