Gs hot lazy hot start

GeoffCapes

Yes you may be right Mark ha ha , It has other issues mainly dodgy paint . So it would be a rescue mission , but it has great potential to be stunning at the right price.

Matt has a mate who will do you a decent price on a respray, I've a mate who will do a respray cheap as chips.

Get him to knock money off for the respray and get it bought!

You know you want to!

conaero

Forum Owner
Is there any way of finding out who the previous owner was to have a word with him ?

Its on the log book, ask for a copy from the dealer so you can then write to him asking to call you, he wont mind.

I did this with my first 3200 and got told it was a marvellous car....which it turned out not to be :(

The price point for that car is -£3k off what the market states with that clutch wear, mileage and bodywork issues.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Iv already run the numbers for a paint job . Im doing man maths and its hurting my brain

When man maths starts to make your brain hurt you're doing it wrong. If you're doing it right it's a serene, quasi-religious experience where you find your communion with a higher power and inevitably will soon be worshipping at the altar of an unjustifiable but utterly fantastic purchase.

I'm going through a similar process at the moment, but also trying to align my reasoning with a thing called 'woman maths', which is unfathomable, uninspiring and annoyingly logical.

Contigo

Sponsor
when man maths starts to make your brain hurt you're doing it wrong. If you're doing it right it's a serene, quasi-religious experience where you find your communion with a higher power and inevitably will soon be worshipping at the altar of an unjustifiable but utterly fantastic purchase.

I'm going through a similar process at the moment, but also trying to align my reasoning with a thing called 'woman maths', which is unfathomable, uninspiring and annoyingly logical.

pmsl! :D

safrane

The car struggled on start up when cold Martyn... or did when I tried it. It was pulsing for a good minute before settling down to a smooth tick over.

The secondary air pump made the correct noises from cold and there was no smoke or smell of unburnt fuel.

Maybe worth running that by AV?

There were stickers in the car from the Bromsgrove Indi i think.

outrun

It would need to be cheap. Otherwise, wait for a better one. There are many, although not all are dog knob red, as Phil would say.

Spartacus

I asked him yesterday. He said he would have to look at it . . I did nt know it did it from cold too ...hmmmm decisions

The car struggled on start up when cold Martyn... or did when I tried it. It was pulsing for a good minute before settling down to a smooth tick over.

The secondary air pump made the correct noises from cold and there was no smoke or smell of unburnt fuel.

Maybe worth running that by AV?

There were stickers in the car from the Bromsgrove Indi i think.

GeoffCapes

When man maths starts to make your brain hurt you're doing it wrong. If you're doing it right it's a serene, quasi-religious experience where you find your communion with a higher power and inevitably will soon be worshipping at the altar of an unjustifiable but utterly fantastic purchase.

Woman maths is easy. The answer is always one of these.

Buy a new handbag
Buy a new pair of shoes
Buy (book) a holiday
Buy a new kitchen

Simples.

Each purchase you make, corresponds with the cost of what you have to buy the woman. Simples.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Woman maths is easy. The answer is always one of these.

Buy a new handbag
Buy a new pair of shoes
Buy (book) a holiday
Buy a new kitchen

Simples.

Each purchase you make, corresponds with the cost of what you have to buy the woman. Simples.

Similar to when I complain to not having enough wardrobe and draw space in the bedroom compared to the Mrs...I get back "if you want more space for your clothes, you can use the garage"!

outrun

I just bought a new motorbike, in part because the trade in offered was £2k more than I paid for the current bike. That's got to be the finest example of man maths that I have ever allowed myself! Spent £6k more to get a very nice new bike, wholly justified in every facet and unchallengeable in all but an all-female courtroom.

My wife declared herself as "unamused". She's a keeper because I was expecting to have to visit hospital.

D Walker

I just bought a new motorbike, in part because the trade in offered was £2k more than I paid for the current bike. That's got to be the finest example of man maths that I have ever allowed myself! Spent £6k more to get a very nice new bike, wholly justified in every facet and unchallengeable in all but an all-female courtroom.

My wife declared herself as "unamused". She's a keeper because I was expecting to have to visit hospital.

Go on then, what is it??

alfatwo

I just don't understand why you guys have all these problems with "her in doors".. I just go ahead and do it!

Age maybe has a lot to do with it though, she's happy with what she's up too and I'm happy planning my next adventure and buying new stuff :wink:

Dave