Granturismo MC Sportline

MaserDan

Hi All

A first post for me.....

I have seen a nice looking 2010 Granturismo MC Shift Sportline - bianco fuji paint and lots of carbon. Looks good cosmetically and comes with all books, tool kit, etc. However, it was registered in June 2010 and to date has only had 3 services (Stratstone first then two Graypaul). Weirdly the first date is 09/04/2010 on 9,661 miles (before registration which I need to question), the second on 30/05/2014 on 22,980 miles and the third 23/06/2016 on 31,796 miles. Car is now on 34k miles.

Priced at £43k (see https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maserati...455557?hash=item3f935f9945:g:dv8AAOSwXf1aWeIE) for the actual ad.

Any views, particularly on the service history frequency? I am coming from a C63 AMG with AMG performance Pack (almost 6 years ownership) which I have had serviced on the button every 12 months despite only doing about 5k per annum and it being a big robust V8. I am a little concerned that this Granturismo, whilst looking spot on, hasn't been loved as much as I would like......

Cheers,

Dan

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dan. A very warm welcome. GTS service intervals are the earlier of 24 months or 12k miles (from memory), so this looks more or less ok. Get a recent clutch reading and well worth getting a good indie to give it a thorough once over as well.

conaero

Forum Owner
Hi and welcome.

You are correct to question it, it appears it might be a simple typo or the stamp year not dated correctly.

GTS service intervals are 2 years so 2012/14/16 would be correct...leaving it needing a new service in a few months time.

The only other question would be the clutch. its about £2.5k to have done and they do seem to start playing up at 35k miles as a guide.

FF1078

Hi Dan
As well as what the others have said check brakes too as they are very expenisve. I sold my 2010 GT/s MC last year with similar mileage and that needed a clutch and brakes and that's why I part exchanged instead of selling privately.
Nick

Andyk

A big warm welcome.....That is a rare colour and one that seems to devide opinion. I love it on a GT and it was around a £6000 option when new.

MaserDan

Good point on the brakes. Front disks in particular are non-cheap.

I was just about to replace the composite front discs on my AMG at £1,414+VAT so definitely wouldn't want to pick up another big bill straight away for discs or clutch.......perhaps I am too old fashioned but I like to make sure that a car is tip top condition, justifying holding out for a good price, at the point that I sell it to a private buyer.

Maybe instead I should find a Granturismo at a dealership and px my AMG there, let them deal with brakes and service as part of the deal. Would probably end up quids in with a warrantied Granturismo.

With this in mind, if anyone finds a MC shift (preferably sportline) for around £40k at a dealership, let me know. Would love a 4 seater Stradale and could stretch to £50k but I don't know if this is unrealistic as I've not followed the market that closely.

outrun

You can forget a 4 seater Strad for £50k. You won't get any Strad, regardless of seats or miles for less than £60k.

Bianco Fuji is the colour that made me love the Gransport (pre the GTS) when they used it for the launch edition but in reality, it looks best in strong sunlight. If you look at the 2nd picture on that advert, you'll see that it picks up a yellow hue when then sky is not clear. This is why it divides opinion. Right day and it's tremendous, wrong day and it looks pee yellow! :)

I'd probably still buy one that colour though!

FF1078

Sportline was just options and not an actual model Dan

It was just the carbon options that came with the "sportline" name.

safrane

Have a chat with Richard Grace (Richard Grace Cars).

He often has cars in stock or on route that have nkt made his website; may also be able to sorce a car for you.

He will not give you the hard sell and is willing to chat and advise, no strings attached.

I have used him three times and very happy.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Thanks for the recommendation Safrane, I’ve two GTS’s coming in the next few days. One is a Granturismo Sport MC Sportline and has more Carbon than I’ve ever seen on a Maserati, but it’ll be circa £56k. The other car is a 2012MY auto which will be £40k. No MC Shifts due in at the moment but I’m always happy to chat and advise.

Andyk

Hi Dan, there was a thread with all the options that I started. It had all the prices and what was available across the range. The sportline was a separate selection of options and you could have as much as you wanted from carbon bits inside and out.....to wheels and MC sports suspension.

I was saved in the Maserati section but can't see it now. If I can find it I'll post again.

BuckRog64

The eBay car is another example of a private seller hoping to get the money being asked by respected dealers. No harm in trying ones luck I suppose but a less greedy approach would result in a win win for seller and buyer.

A far better buy is the forum members, Dyer 3200, car being sold by Voicey (AV Engineering). It is same colour and carbon spec, but 2 years newer and with MC Handling suspension for an asking price of only £5k more. For that you get a car that's had the most thorough inspection, £3k of new brakes and a warranty etc. I've seen this car at a meeting Voicey and Harvey joined and it looked stunning, even in the dark. If only Dyer was offering it to forum members at a private sale price it would be within my budget and in my garage.