Maserati Merak Restoration

Phil H

A nice car and interesting website too; the Avenger Tiger takes me back a bit (probably a bit too far back for some of the younger folk on here lol).

PH

allandwf

Nice car, nice colour, but I would have been tempted to tone down the interior a bit! Nicer than the brown velour that was in mine though!!

alfatwo

A nice car and interesting website too; the Avenger Tiger takes me back a bit (probably a bit too far back for some of the younger folk on here lol).

PH

I remember those on test around Coventry in the 1970's...with that 1725 Holbay engine

They wouldn't get a look in even with a Alfa 1300 GT Junior :wink:

Dave

Jnismith

I had an Avenger back in the day, sadly not the Tiger, but the 1500. It was not the best handling car, but comfortable enough. Clutch went and I towed it back home, wasnt sure whether to replace it or scrap it but then it got broken into and insurance wrote it off. Result!

allandwf

I had an Avenger back in the day, sadly not the Tiger, but the 1500. It was not the best handling car, but comfortable enough. Clutch went and I towed it back home, wasnt sure whether to replace it or scrap it but then it got broken into and insurance wrote it off. Result!
That reminds me of my mate at uni. He had one, which he painted in black smoothrite!!

Phil H

I had my driving lessons in an Avenger (c1972), and on the day of the test my instructor turned up in his nice new Datsun! Still passed though, and hankered after a Tiger for a few years but my first car was an HB Viva complete with disc brakes and a warning sticker to say so.

PH