Road trip to Scotland

Panicracing

Was up at the Green Welly on the 13th Feb. Photo is A82. Stunning. I think on the 14th when we travelled back down south the snow gates got shut on the A82. I noticed potholes are really bad on some areas now, especially section of A82 from Balloch running north on the banks of Loch Lomond up to the Green Welly.
fb403b1cf99079c1c4c3c22963d0b358.jpg

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Needamaser

Seen this on Facebook, I did mention in a previous post about potholes on the A82

Was speaking to a traffic officer last week who said the whole of the A82 from Inverness south is in a terrible state. Lots of damage to cars and thankfully because time of year very few motorbikes around where the outcome of them hitting a pothole is potentially much more serious.

D Walker

Surely, if they knowingly left this as it is and some poor soul on a bike hit it, the outcome doesn't need much imagination, they would be culpable. Must be cheaper to repair.

Needamaser

Police have made local authority well aware of the situation. It isn't just the A82 though. There has been a huge increase in traffic because of the NC500 and most the roads in and out of towns are the same.
Lack of money and proper resurfacing rather than filling in the odd pothole all adds up.
At the end of the day local authority insurer meets the costs of pothole accidents.

highlander

Yes, was over in Skye on Monday and Ullapool on Wednesday and both roads are in a shocking condition with regular, deep potholes, thank god I was in a hire car!. If Marci was on the road I would not be taking her out on these. The A9 north of Golspie not much better either. I have never seen the roads in such condition since I moved up here. If they don't do more to fix this the nc500 will only be holidayed by motor homes who do not really contribute to the economy significantly due to the nature of motor home holidays so no money in to fix, holes will get worse and so the cycle will go on.