Thema 8.32

Ewan

Probably make more than it's worth (if that's not a contradiction!). A similar one has been in/out of Emblem all year and I'm sure they'd love to see the back of it. But just as you think it's all okay, yet another thing crops up. I accept they're quite cool, but I reckon you are opening yourself up to a World of pain.

zagatoes30

Silverstone auction and a celebrity name bound to drive the prices higher than the true value. Love the 8:32 Theme but by all accounts make a QP IV look reliable

Andyk

Remember when the 8.32 came out....Loved it.....The thought of a Ferrari engine in a svelte suit back then was appealing...........Hold on someone did that but even better later on.....QP anyone..........

allandwf

No thanks, there's another been bouncing around the classifieds for 2or 3 thousand for a while.

davidhowson

Reading through the article from Silverstone Auctions it mentions Nick Whale: did he used to run / own a Lancia dealership in the 1980s and 90s?
I would imagine that Rowan would have looked after the car as the write up suggests, so whilst not a great car thanks to Lancia grasping at anything except their incredible rally performance to expand their appeal, I would still have it!

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Andyk

I bought a Lotus of Nick Whale when he was a Lotus dealer.....Had very good service from them.

zagatoes30

8.32 is an interesting car and I have often been tempted by one but I think really the sum of the parts don't add up to the whole. 300BHP through what at best is an ordinary FWD chassis, strange looks and a bizarre air brake in the boot lid, not to mention Italian quality steel - I think not

Jnismith

I once was a passenger from Geneva to Zurich in a Lancia Thema Turbo which was nearly as fast as the 8:32. The driver was, shall we say, spirited and I remember it as a really great trip. Very comfortable fast drivers car.

Jnismith

8.32 is an interesting car and I have often been tempted by one but I think really the sum of the parts don't add up to the whole. 300BHP through what at best is an ordinary FWD chassis, strange looks and a bizarre air brake in the boot lid, not to mention Italian quality steel - I think not

Don’t think it was 300bhp. More like 215. The reviews at the time weren’t particularly complimentary either.

Phil H

I once was a passenger from Geneva to Zurich in a Lancia Thema Turbo which was nearly as fast as the 8:32. The driver was, shall we say, spirited and I remember it as a really great trip. Very comfortable fast drivers car.

A friend of mine had one, apparently with lots of torque steer which I think was addressed on the 8.32. Common to all though was tinworm, and even if RA's car has been fettled it would still worry me,

PH

PH