OBD2 reader

daglocks

Ime thinking about getting one for my 4200
My "mate in the pub" showed me his bluetooth app which looked impressive!

What exactly can a bluetooth OBD and phone app do?

Which one should I buy for a 4200?

Will it work with a cheap Bluetooth iPad mini?

Cheers
Andrew

Trev Latter

I use EOBD-FACILE software on my iPad and iPhone with a WiFi interface. Bluetooth won’t work with an iPad for OBD. Works fine on my 3200 and everything else I’ve connected it to so far, so I’d think it’d be ok for a 4200. It allows reading and resetting of codes, but won’t get anywhere near the capability of SD2/SD3. It’s pretty much a generic OBD reader, so won’t cover any manufacturer specific items.

CatmanV2

Ime thinking about getting one for my 4200
My "mate in the pub" showed me his bluetooth app which looked impressive!

What exactly can a bluetooth OBD and phone app do?

Which one should I buy for a 4200?

Will it work with a cheap Bluetooth iPad mini?

Cheers
Andrew

It'll read the basic OBDII data. So engine only (basically) I wouldn't expect anything else

C

Rick1008

Tcrote. Great install. Please write up a DIY so we can try and do the same. What type of amplifier do we need and do the new speakers and head unit run off the amp?

davy83

i got dash command to work with a local wifi network ODB adapter, and it gave me all of the plugged in functions plus quite a few more, its ok.

alfatwo

It all sounds too difficult to me... just connect your ODB reader and check out the fault codes and then look them up on the interweb later!

Dave

tcrote5516

Tcrote. Great install. Please write up a DIY so we can try and do the same. What type of amplifier do we need and do the new speakers and head unit run off the amp?

Thank you! Well I was hoping if a picture was worth a thousand words that a video would be worth millions and I wouldn't have to write it up ;) The head unit feeds the amp line level signal and the amp in the center console is a 4 channel that powers all the speakers.