Viewing 4200 - Any Advice...

Ewan

Unless the asking price already reflects the fact that the discs are heavily worn, I'd definitely want some money off to help go towards their replacement. If buying from a dealer I'd expect there to be good life left in all wear items such as brakes, tyres, clutch, etc. Buying privately is different, as that is a "bought as seen" scenario.

At a guess I'd imagine is about £1k to have an indie supply and fit 4 new discs. But wouldn't you fit new pads at the same time "while you're in there"? That'll up it a bit further.

ChrisH

So finally... I am a 4200 owner!

Picked up the car on Tuesday and so far very happy with my purchase. Colour combination is gorgeous... the pics they had online to sell it didn't do it justice so in due course I'll get some nice snaps done. First stop was actually a rendezvous with Richard Grace at Autoshield to collect a stainless steel exhaust system so I'm looking forward to getting that fitted also. Richard and Marios both gave the car the thumbs up which is nice to hear given their combined experience - nice to meet you both guys!

It handled the 250 odd mile drive with ease... generally it feels like a very tight car. You can tell that there has been recent suspension work replacing wishbones and ball joints because it's all super solid which is great. Engine pulls like a train and sounds very sweet to boot.

Got a few little things on the to-do list to tidy it up a bit, but nothing very major, just details to get it into really nice shape. The exterior paintwork is generally very good, the wheels are perfect, but the interior will benefit from a good detail and then a few of the usual suspects (vents need chrome sorting, window switches have seen better days, and a few bits of squeeky trim need chasing out).

The new exhaust will add a stainless x-pipe and secondary de-cat so that should open up some nice sound and hopefully a few extra ponies as the cats go too... and then I will probably up-rate the brakes a little with some new pads (probably go DS2500 unless anyone has good suggestions) and maybe some stainless hoses to tighten up the pedal feel.

And then of course a summer of hard driving. Hopefully I will get to the odd event if time allows... and I prob won't be able to resist the temptation of a track day at some stage either...

In frustrating timing though, I'm now away with work for the next 10 days so she's locked up in a garage for the time being. I'll post a few pics when I get back.

Thanks all, hope to see some of you around this summer.

Chris

montravia

They're so different from anything else, and we all remember that first drive home.

Fabulous and welcome to the fraternity

philw696

Congratulations I for one think the 4200 is the perfect package and value for money too.
Great for a Euro trip and Brilliant Fun on track trust me.
Mine now here which is my second and was a Project car has now seen most of New Zealand and they are perfect for that too.
Enjoy your adventure.