Random Parking Sensor Beeps

Mattyboy

The front parking sensors have started to beep randomly when parking. They do look a bit knackered and marked so I want to replace them, which will hopefully stop the random beeps.

Can anyone advise the best place to buy them without paying the Mesarati box tax? There are several people advertising them on eBay, but I want to make sure I get the correct units.

Also any tips for fitting them.

Thanks for any help

Matt

sofasurfer

All I know is when mine went it was thankfully one of the grill parking sensors and so easier to change and only has to be painted black. Apparently the two on either side of the car are more problematic and have to be colour coded to the car.

azapa

I only have them on the back but they are so sh1te they really can't be used for anything. My other car (BMW) actually has some that work and can be relied upon. I guess some owners use these things (Maserati) daily ;)

bigbob

The Maserati sensors are pap, mine keep beeping at my gravel drive as it might jump up and hit them. The fronts are the worst, especially when wet/dirty/insert any day of the week.

Add in the poorly designed cruise control and the intermittent wiper settings/bluetooth/wiper arm action/exhaust valves/FM reception/ipod connections (why did I pay for the lead?) which are the worst I have experience on any car and you wonder how they get such small things so wrong. Give me a nice day on a dry road and I love my GranTurismo but you just wished they worked more than three days a week and fixed the small stuff. I mean the revised car with the new infomatics still does not even have DAB.

BigR

I really don't - and have never had - that many problems with any of my 3. Granted, the front parking sensors do like to randomly beep as I pull away on my drive - mine is gravel too, is that a thing!? - and the lack of ability to play music through bluetooth is a bit bizarre. But everything else works jolly well and I use it when I want to use it - sometimes 1 a fortnight, then every day for a week. Same has been the case really with my 2 previous cars - an 08 4.2 and a Cabrio MC. If in doubt, walk away and come back 5 mins later and all is probably good. It's Italian after all and without a bit of emotion and metaphorical waving of arms, it wouldn't be the same.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Somebody told me there is an Alfa Romeo part that is identical, but same price for 4 as just 1 of the Maserati ones. main problem seems to be labour hours to fit them, certainly on the QP.

Ebenezer

I've just had one replaced on my QP. I started getting a beep that was neither from the front nor the back when the Parking sensors were activated, as well as the front or rear noise.

Unfortunately it seems that two further ones aren't working based on a "walk around test" but the ECU hasn't realized yet. Emblem said that the only way to remove them quickly (ie cheaply) was to essentially pull them out, destroying them in the process, otherwise it's a lot of dismantling to get at them from behind. They said that they are not particularly water proof which is why they tend to become "Italian" for a while as they get damp and then dry out, before stomping off in a final huff.

Eb

conaero

Forum Owner
whilst we are on the subject of beeps, whenever I start my Strad, I get a series of 10 or so beeps while the ignition is setting up for start. Can anyone remind of what they signify?

zagatoes30

whilst we are on the subject of beeps, whenever I start my Strad, I get a series of 10 or so beeps while the ignition is setting up for start. Can anyone remind of what they signify?

Seconds until that big smile arrives on your face?

CatmanV2

Somebody told me there is an Alfa Romeo part that is identical, but same price for 4 as just 1 of the Maserati ones. main problem seems to be labour hours to fit them, certainly on the QP.

They fit the 4200 I believe. Not so much the GT as far as I can tell

C

azapa

The whole thing looks/sounds like a Xmas decoration you might find in a pound shop. No idea. The fun starts when that engine rasps in to life ;)

CatmanV2

Parking it in gear, perhaps?

C

rd993

PS: I found the maserati part number on the Eurospares website but if you remove the sensor it is printed on the side