2nd time Ghibli owner

Wayne1

Hello all, didn't know this site existed during my first period of Ghibli Ownership, but came across it while surfing Maserati stuff passing the time until my new Ghibli arrives. Originally had a Diesel, Grigio, Sabba from new, picked it up Feb 2015, kept it until December 2016. Only my weekender so didn't do huge miles but I loved every one of them. What most people say about the Ghibli in comparison to the usual German marques is on the whole quite accurate, I know as I've had most of them, but none of them carry the same 'smile' factor you get when driving the Ghibli. None of them attract anything like the attention either, sure.... all great cars, but they aren't Maserati and all that Maserati stands for, quirks & warts n'all. My only reason for trading her in was I wanted to try the petrol version, my mileage is low and I continued to get seduced by the idea of a Maerati sound that only the petrol V6 can offer. So, the Swindon based dealer bought my car against a new one I'm now eagerly awaiting on sometime in March. Ghibli Gransport, Grigio Mareata, Black leather, red stitching, Carbon, etc....Shouldn't wish your life away but roll on delivery. To complete the picture, my daily drive is a Merc 220d, Wife has an A Class 200d, For high days n' sunny days I have a 993 Cabriolet and soon the Ghibli again. Anyway, thought I would join up here, say hello and maybe see you around....

MrMickS

Welcome. Hope the days pass quickly to delivery. It'll be good to see another petrol Ghibli around.

iainw

Hello all, didn't know this site existed during my first period of Ghibli Ownership, but came across it while surfing Maserati stuff passing the time until my new Ghibli arrives. Originally had a Diesel, Grigio, Sabba from new, picked it up Feb 2015, kept it until December 2016. Only my weekender so didn't do huge miles but I loved every one of them. What most people say about the Ghibli in comparison to the usual German marques is on the whole quite accurate, I know as I've had most of them, but none of them carry the same 'smile' factor you get when driving the Ghibli. None of them attract anything like the attention either, sure.... all great cars, but they aren't Maserati and all that Maserati stands for, quirks & warts n'all. My only reason for trading her in was I wanted to try the petrol version, my mileage is low and I continued to get seduced by the idea of a Maerati sound that only the petrol V6 can offer. So, the Swindon based dealer bought my car against a new one I'm now eagerly awaiting on sometime in March. Ghibli Gransport, Grigio Mareata, Black leather, red stitching, Carbon, etc....Shouldn't wish your life away but roll on delivery. To complete the picture, my daily drive is a Merc 220d, Wife has an A Class 200d, For high days n' sunny days I have a 993 Cabriolet and soon the Ghibli again. Anyway, thought I would join up here, say hello and maybe see you around....

A ghibli diesel for a weekender is certainly a unique choice. Your new one sounds lovely - I am sure you will enjoy the petrol Even more. What put you off a GTS? As a weekender it may have been a bit more of an occasion perhaps?

Wayne1

A ghibli diesel for a weekender is certainly a unique choice. Your new one sounds lovely - I am sure you will enjoy the petrol Even more. What put you off a GTS? As a weekender it may have been a bit more of an occasion perhaps?

Hi and thanks for the welcome chaps, I look forward to regular 'All things Maserati' chat going forward.

IAINW - I actually love the GTS more than any other car on the planet, it has to be said it would be my dream car. Part of being in this forum I hope will give me a chance to be closer to this model via chat and events. But, even though the Maserati is only my weekender I do often have numerous grand children to move about on weekends and the Ghibli (also being a car I am familiar with ) seemed the right choice. Also, my first Ghibli was a stock car from the dealer, I really enjoyed it and I grew to want a brand new one with my choice of colours / options etc... I could stretch to a new Ghibli (just) but not a new GTS. So that swayed things a little too. I also thought the Gransport version of the Ghibli gave it more presence. It actually did take some time to make the choice as a GTS was always in my thinking, but with the Ghibli I have opted for I figured I would get the 'occasion' from it being brand new, slightly more suited to my lifestyle but with the V6 petrol which I hope will enhance the pleasure. For me having a GTS in the future - well 'Never say Never' . Oh ! and why a diesel as a weekender ? actually it was never meant to be a weekender it was bought with being my daily drive for work / business etc. But - cut a long story short - circumstances changed, I loved the car and kept it just for the weekends...

bigbob

Hi and thanks for the welcome chaps, I look forward to regular 'All things Maserati' chat going forward.

IAINW - I actually love the GTS more than any other car on the planet, it has to be said it would be my dream car. Part of being in this forum I hope will give me a chance to be closer to this model via chat and events. But, even though the Maserati is only my weekender I do often have numerous grand children to move about on weekends and the Ghibli (also being a car I am familiar with ) seemed the right choice. Also, my first Ghibli was a stock car from the dealer, I really enjoyed it and I grew to want a brand new one with my choice of colours / options etc... I could stretch to a new Ghibli (just) but not a new GTS. So that swayed things a little too. I also thought the Gransport version of the Ghibli gave it more presence. It actually did take some time to make the choice as a GTS was always in my thinking, but with the Ghibli I have opted for I figured I would get the 'occasion' from it being brand new, slightly more suited to my lifestyle but with the V6 petrol which I hope will enhance the pleasure. For me having a GTS in the future - well 'Never say Never' . Oh ! and why a diesel as a weekender ? actually it was never meant to be a weekender it was bought with being my daily drive for work / business etc. But - cut a long story short - circumstances changed, I loved the car and kept it just for the weekends...

Welcome. We all end up with cars for a variety of reasons and our individual circumstances are different. Much as I might also push a nearly new GranTurismo, the petrol Ghibli is lovely and there is nothing like ordering a a car like this new as the trim and colour options for Maserati cars are very varied. Please post some pics when you get it.

iainw

That makes sense. I have to say I do like the petrol ghibli with some nice upgrades. It sounds like you will have a GTs and a strad at some point I guess! Especially when you start mixing with the forum members.

Wayne1

I am pretty sure you are right. First opportunity iainw and i would be delighted to have a GranTurismo. really do love that car.