FCA rules out Jeep sale. Alfa renaissance crucial to Maserati credibility??

MrMickS

Interesting Matt. It would be a worry if they stop offering servicing as well, especially to those people that bought from them.

Talking to the local dealer last weekend they are still selling up here. Interestingly the biggest seller is the diesel Levante, so perhaps Maserati were right with only bringing the diesel over here initially.

Whilst Maserati's lack of followup on the Alfieri has to be a factor here the endless speculation about new models can't help as may put people off buying. Perhaps Maserati should have renamed the GT midway through its life, with suitable restyling of course, like other manufacturers do or they have done earlier? That way the age of the car could have been disguised to a degree ;)

highlander

Interesting Matt. It would be a worry if they stop offering servicing as well, especially to those people that bought from them.

Talking to the local dealer last weekend they are still selling up here. Interestingly the biggest seller is the diesel Levante, so perhaps Maserati were right with only bringing the diesel over here initially.

Whilst Maserati's lack of followup on the Alfieri has to be a factor here the endless speculation about new models can't help as may put people off buying. Perhaps Maserati should have renamed the GT midway through its life, with suitable restyling of course, like other manufacturers do or they have done earlier? That way the age of the car could have been disguised to a degree ;)
Good point, the bi-turbo was renamed about 4 times I think!

bigbob

Rumours are Mick that one of the main Maserati/Ferrari agents are considering dropping Maserati due to the lack of takeup on the new models as promised by the factory.

It's from a very solid source.

Interesting Matt, just one dealership or a group with more?

I do wonder if having a £50k diesel saloon parked next to a new Ferrari will put Ferrari customers off. I know that waiting lists are long for the latter so probably not but I have a mate flying out to Maranello to fully spec his 488 which will be about £230k. They have nothing in common anymore and now that Ferrari is on it's own and going from strength to strength I would drop the bond.

safrane

Re product placement with Ferrari or Alfa...on my way back from the Lakes yesterday I stopped at a farm shop cafe with one of those tacky fake antique shops attached.... And there on the Patio was a Levante with large scrips outlining it cost and the PCP cost.

Comments were mainly made on the price (v.expensive) than the car...but I was surprised that Bowker who are two miles up the same main road would place one of their cars there...hardy an upmarket gaff.

bigbob

Re product placement with Ferrari or Alfa...on my way back from the Lakes yesterday I stopped at a farm shop cafe with one of those tacky fake antique shops attached.... And there on the Patio was a Levante with large scrips outlining it cost and the PCP cost.

Comments were mainly made on the price (v.expensive) than the car...but I was surprised that Bowker who are two miles up the same main road would place one of their cars there...hardy an upmarket gaff.

The market has changed, most people now buy everything on a price per month and do their best to put something upmarket on the drive but have nothing in the bank - would be defaulting on everything three months down the line if they lost their jobs. In that context - and trying to pick up X5 drivers who think they are being different - then putting a diesel Levante out like that actually makes sense.

Ewan

Plenty of people have a £200k plus Ferrari as their weekend toy, but a £60k or so Maser as their daily, so the tie up still works for many dealers. Indeed, plenty of us on here own both Ferraris and Maseratis.

bigbob

Sorry Ewan I had not picked up that you had both, anyway I hope you are right but many people that buy modern mid engined Ferraris’ these days are fickle and are likely to change brands much more than of old so the Ferrari/Maserati link up is of less interest to them.