Pollen Filter check

Yeti

Following on from Con's very good post about water inside the pollen filter housing, I bit the bullet yesterday and took red Shed apart - the relevant parts anyway.

Managed to get to the filter without too much trouble other than a bloomin' sore back from leaning over so far and the housing was - DRY - as a bone. So my internal misting up when stood obviously isn't anything to do with that. Next to try will be the drain tube by the drivers left foot and see if that's blocked.

However, despite not finding any wet, I did find one very sickly wiper motor connection, obviously Micky (Mouse) has been feasting on the insulation. I'm actually astonished that the wipers have been performing flawlessly despite the almost non-existent insulation and potential for short circuiting. All duff wiring now replaced, but can't do much about the rubber cover over the motor itself, that's been well chewed.

Maserati.jpg

Mott The Hoople

I started my bike once and got thick black smoke and very rough running. I turned it off and took it apart. Found a huge mouse's nest in the airbox, straw and air filter paper being the main building materials. I ended up replacing the carbs to get it running smoothly again.
Steve.