Headlamp washer cover fitting.

Leachy

My drivers side headlamp washer cover has come off due to a broken clip.
I will get a new one but not sure how to get the mechanism to stay out so I can clip the cover on ???

Maybe turn ignition off when using washers????

namaste

Not sure if that would work or not. I think most of us just hit the washer switch through the window then quickly run to the front and clip it on. Worked for me but you have to be pretty quick.

spkennyuk

My drivers side headlamp washer cover has come off due to a broken clip.
I will get a new one but not sure how to get the mechanism to stay out so I can clip the cover on ???

Maybe turn ignition off when using washers????

Get somebody to operate the front screen wash with your headlights switched on while you stand at the front of the car. As soon as it pops up then grab it. Your assistant can release the screen wash stalk then and turn the lights off.

Your probably going to get splashed a bit but it is the easiest way of doing it. You can the clip the new one in place.

The head light washer will stay in the up position as long as your holding it. If you let go you will need to start over again.

spkennyuk

?? if the cover is off already, just pull up on the nozzle.

You might be able to do that with some long nose / needle point pliers. Trying to do it with just your hand / fingers is going to be tricky as there is not much room to get a grip on the wash jet through the opening.