3200 fuel pumps

madmanmart

I've said it before and I'll say it again, check your fuel pumps.

This is the 3rd set I've seen like this and it won't be the last. The rubbers disintegrate to a point where it destroys the pump itself.

I've located replacement rubber bushes from Italy.

8A4D1151-47BF-4080-B750-5CF4B58FBFAC.jpg
DA59D8EF-47C4-4115-AE6E-E55E02105BBA.jpg

Lozzer

Are the pump's fairly accessible? It's something I've not looked at yet.
Cheers
Loz

SteveM

I think if you have removed trim to get to fuel filter then these are right in front of you - I suspect doing this requires a nearly empty tank!

Boomerang_GT

Thanks Madmanmart for the hint! Wintertime is overhaul time so I put this on the list.
Could you show us where to get the replacement rubbers from?
Thanks!

alfatwo

If the old rubber seals don't leak, and lets face it most are over 17 years old by now, why would it cause problems for the pumps?

Only just asking..

Dave

madmanmart

Yes this one was a non runner, both pumps had failed.
The rubber pump mounts (not seals) turned to black goo and blocked both pumps, seizeing them. Fuel filter was a blocked too.

I’ll dig out where I bought them from.

davy83

I had to replace one of my pumps earlier this year, there was fuel weeping out of one of the electrical connectors. I got a low mileage second hand pump and apart fro mthe fact it didnt leak it looked in owrse condition than the one I reomved. I was not too comfortable swapping the heatshrink tubes that connect the mounting plate to the pump, have you managed to remove and replace these ok?

madmanmart

I had to replace one of my pumps earlier this year, there was fuel weeping out of one of the electrical connectors. I got a low mileage second hand pump and apart fro mthe fact it didnt leak it looked in owrse condition than the one I reomved. I was not too comfortable swapping the heatshrink tubes that connect the mounting plate to the pump, have you managed to remove and replace these ok?

I had to change that pipe, spending it’s life submerged in petrol makes it very brittle.

I ended up swapping the tank today.

3DFD7816-41F5-4BD4-BE61-5974D8247BDA.jpeg

Wally

Yes this one was a non runner, both pumps had failed.
The rubber pump mounts (not seals) turned to black goo and blocked both pumps, seizeing them. Fuel filter was a blocked too.

I’ll dig out where I bought them from.
There was a special quality (pink) rubber mount available in Italy, but it is NLA. The normal black rubber mount is Lancia Delta with ID 36mm as far as i recall.

davy83

Wow that's so different, hard to believe they are for more or less the same body shell. That looks hand made, and the 3200 one looke like a more mass produced one. Whats the capacity of the 4200 tank? I think my 3200 holds about 18 gallons (82 liters). I presume the fuel pumps are also different?

philw696

4200 is aluminum so no rust issues and the pumps in the tank.
I'm sure one could be fitted into the 3200.
Lack of use and steel tanks bad news indeed for condensation and rust.