Myparkingfine.co.uk

D Walker

Dropped a fatty. Went for a meal with some mates and when back to car had one of those "unofficial" parking notices on car. Wondered why, 4 hours free parking, pulled out of the space, got out of car and could make out a Blue disabled sign painted on the floor, I genuinely didn't notice it pulling in, just thought it was big, I even looked under car in case I had missed a yellow sign, doh......

its £60 but all the stuff Ive read says to wait until notification comes through the post...

What does the collective think, I'm not contsting I am wrong, allthough the blue sign and poor lighting are bit of a lend i think.

Dave

D Walker

by "unofficial" I mean not issued by a traffic warden, its a company that collects for the car park landlord i think. I know they have to apply to the dvla for my details.
I'm going to wait for the notice to come in the post.

Scaf

You can ignore it but they are entitled to make the charge the DRIVER of the car for the parking not the owner of the car and it’s the driver that they would need to take to Court ( in your case owner and Driver are the same but they don’t know that ). It’s a question of who blinks first as their letters and threat will get quite intimidating and if you then “blink” you end up paying much more than the £60.
Personally in the circumstances you describe I would appeal (with photo) to show it was not clear - and if you lose, pay up.
There was a change to the regulation that means they can take action if the owner does not tell them who the driver was.

beau

I know ALOT about private parking tickets, I am a moderator on the facebook page 'fight your private parking invoice' big group now

Generally We don't advise ignoring now days because most companies will do court

Never name yourself as the driver

And don't pay it!

Message me if you need help, i can tell you how I go about it

Ignoring does require you to actually ignore and not give in to all the debt collector letters, only respond to letter before claim or county court claim form

D Walker

Thanks Beau,
I will wait to see if the notice comes through. I'm going to go back and video pulling into the space at around the same time as its not clear on the floor. What is annoying is that there is a bollard in front of each space so they could have put a small roundel sign on the post. I think it's a council car park. Has all the relevant signage etc,, just the blue wheelchair sign isn't glaringly obvious. I'll pm when I need more into.
Thanks again

zagatoes30

My opinion which probably goes against the consensus, you parked in a disabled space albeit not knowingly but when you checked you could see that was the fact, therefore you should pay up its £60 after all.

Any defence seems to involve lying, i.e. not admitting you were the driver. I see no reason why not to appeal on the grounds of lack of clarity if you want but don't resort to avoidance tactics as then you become no better than all the other wasters in this world that try to avoid tax, payment of bills, or even offences just by finding loopholes.

Contigo

Sponsor
Basically you need to raise a POPLA appeal. You can give the reasons you think ie poor lighting, unfair charges.

Was it a pay and display car park?

Geo

Sorry, but I'm with Andy and Allan. It's less than the cost of a tank of petrol and not worth the grief.

conaero

Forum Owner
The way it works is if you bin it, you wont ever hear anything, if you contact them, they log you then follow it up with court.

My mate had a similar experience and we all advised him to ignore the letters completely. Do not even respond as you are then hooked. It has been 2 years now and nothing has developed.
But in your case I would say pay up

ofenomeno99

I'm on the same boat. I parked in one of those free for 4 hours for customers of supermarket - I genuinely was a customer and then went about with my day for a couple of hours and came back to one of those parking tickets - I haven't paid and received a court letter and threat from Gladstone solicitors to pay what went from £60 to £250. I don't know what do now :D

beau

The way it works is if you bin it, you wont ever hear anything, if you contact them, they log you then follow it up with court.

Maybe years ago, now ignoring people go to the top of the pile for court claims

beau

I'm on the same boat. I parked in one of those free for 4 hours for customers of supermarket - I genuinely was a customer and then went about with my day for a couple of hours and came back to one of those parking tickets - I haven't paid and received a court letter and threat from Gladstone solicitors to pay what went from £60 to £250. I don't know what do now :D

Does the gladstones letter mention DRP on it anywhere ?

What do you mean by court letter, actually from court or just saying they will

D Walker

Did put I was not contesting I was wrong. And as you say only £60, however I will wait for the notice to come thru as if possible I would like to pay by cheque if can. The website requests enough info to fraudulently pass info on. Or Paypal.
I'm not another waster trying to avoid tax etc, my first motoring infringement ever!!! 32 years of driving. Not to bad a. Average I guess.

CatmanV2

Did put I was not contesting I was wrong. And as you say only £60, however I will wait for the notice to come thru as if possible I would like to pay by cheque if can. The website requests enough info to fraudulently pass info on. Or Paypal.
I'm not another waster trying to avoid tax etc, my first motoring infringement ever!!! 32 years of driving. Not to bad a. Average I guess.

Better than me!

C

2b1ask1

Special case

Almost certainly there will be serious errors intheir case, mabe pop onto: http://www.notomob.co.uk and let them have redacted details, there are legal heads on there that will support you, also http://www.http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/ is quite a character and will advise well.