New Year. New Car

outrun

Good for you mate. The 348 is a good looking thing and you are spot in to scratch that itch. You only live once.

Please do come down to any meets that we have, I'd love to see it.

highlander

Well done Allan, as I said before, when you want it detailed just leave it outside my door for the summer and I'll give it back in September a few test miles higher, but nice and mirror shineeee ;)

GeoffCapes

Congrats Allan I'd like it's big brother (512 TR) when funds allow.
And space. I'd have a 348 though.

allandwf

Well done Allan, as I said before, when you want it detailed just leave it outside my door for the summer and I'll give it back in September a few test miles higher, but nice and mirror shineeee ;)

Alas, I fear it will take more than a few months to bring this one back, even with your detailing skill, and attention to detail. Very much a work in progress car.

Zep

Speaking of 348s, today I saw this beauty
3ea4740501f54280b9d95bb041ccfe01.jpg

I am sure you will be very happy with your new mistress, congrats

Contigo

Sponsor
It's weird, I was only thinking of your buy back the other night and how strange dare is. Despite the 348 being one of the Fezzas which Modena would rather gloss over it still looks fresh three decades on. Great move to experience the prancing horse into and hopefully at some point I will do just that or more importantly the Taurus. I for one will miss your posts but hope to see you on here anyway Allan...

rockits

Great news & good luck with the 348. How much do they go for these days? Manual?

I've always liked the 348 looks but was always told they didn't perform or drive as good as they looked. Never driven one so can't comment. Obviously I prefer the 355 more like most but they must be a completely different price level I guess?

Can't see how you would miss the AC over a 348 though would you? I guess time will tell. The 348nfor me is one of the cars that seem to work in pretty much all course it seems. Not seen one in any colour that I thought didn't suit it.

Enjoy & tell us all about it.

Zep

Very nice Zep, some car park :)

It's got 28k miles on it, so also qualifies for the owning cars and not driving them thread.

They got the 348, the Testarossa, a W124 E60 AMG and a couple of others from the same guy. Hopefully get to see yours in June, standby for invites

Needamaser

Well done Allan. Always good to scratch an itch.
Friend here had a 348 and a 360 for a few years. Eventually sold the 348 to fund something else and kept the 360.
He had no major issues with it and enjoyed driving and owning.
Everything is relative. A Ferrari is a Ferrari! Enjoy.

allandwf

Thanks everyone. I'll post updates when it's all sorted. ( Sometime in February.) I'll still be dropping in here though, like a red trouser wearing thorn in your side! ;)

allandwf

Great news & good luck with the 348. How much do they go for these days? Manual?

I've always liked the 348 looks but was always told they didn't perform or drive as good as they looked. Never driven one so can't comment. Obviously I prefer the 355 more like most but they must be a completely different price level I guess?

Can't see how you would miss the AC over a 348 though would you? I guess time will tell. The 348nfor me is one of the cars that seem to work in pretty much all course it seems. Not seen one in any colour that I thought didn't suit it.

Enjoy & tell us all about it.

It's not so clear cut. The 348 was old school Ferrari, no power steering etc., you had to work hard to get the best out of it. (I find it drives a bit like my old Cerbera, go cart like.) A lot of negative press at the time , with organisational changes following Enzo Ferraris death, and Luca di Montezemolo seemingly dismissing it as he headed a new era at Ferrari.. The Assetto Corsa v the 348? Yes I will very much miss the AC, on paper the pair of them are very similar, 0- 60 times, top speed. The AC has been part of the family for 6 years, it is quick , exclusive, and great to drive. It has also been fairly reliable. The 348 is an itch I had to scratch though. A picture from yesterday prior to getting a few jobs done and MOT.
IMG-20180117-WA0034.jpg

azapa

Well done, that looks like a blast to own. I toyed with the idea of a 348GTS about 6 months ago. It drove, looked, and smelt pure Ferrari, but at the time it was too far away from the stradale driving experience. And, I was skint. Now I have saved up a few pennies I am kicking myself for not going for it. It was a manual too. Would probably been the first car I would not have lost money on!

Enjoy, and please keep posting updates here.

Corranga

That looks perfect!
I love the 348, and saw one exactly like that at a show last year at Kincardine Castle in Royal Deeside.

I've read exactly the same as you pointed out about the 348 in the press, combined with them seemingly wanting to kill press test drivers at the beginning, but have read that when they are set up right, they are increasingly more rewarding to drive. I'd love one, over a lot of other Ferrari at that.

I've heard it described as the most Lotus like of Ferrari, which fits in with your description as go kart and TVR like I think.

Congratulations, and well done.

Make sure you stick around here to tell us how it's all going.