3200/4200 original carcover to ft Gransport?

F456M

Hi. Just a quick question. I can get an original 3200/4200 car cover here in Norway for a decent price, but as I want to change the looks from "classico" to Gransport look, will this car cover fit in the future when I have done the conversion?? The cover was New before the Gransort came out, so it only says 3200/4200 on the label. It was almost never used so still in a good shape. Thanks.

CatmanV2

Hi. Just a quick question. I can get an original 3200/4200 car cover here in Norway for a decent price, but as I want to change the looks from "classico" to Gransport look, will this car cover fit in the future when I have done the conversion?? The cover was New before the Gransort came out, so it only says 3200/4200 on the label. It was almost never used so still in a good shape. Thanks.

Can't see any reason it wouldn't fit

C

redsonnylee

My old 3200 indoor cover fits the GS with no problems. It was quite loose on the 3200 but fits relatively snug now :)

rockits

Funny because you can only get OEM Gransport ones in the UK now. Maybe do a swap with a 3200/4200 owner & they can buy you a GS one in the UK in return.

F456M

Thanks alot. I did not expect to get this many replys to a silly question like this, but now I know it is the BEST forum!! My car will never be a Gransport anyway, so no need for a GS logo. I just love the exterior of the Gransport. But I find the interior of the 4200 more classic and appealing. And I miss wood in modern cars after having various Biturbos and Ghiblis. But my car has the wood option! Just a lot less opulent than the older Maseratis. Maybe I can retrofit it to my 4200. Real thick Ghibli wood.... :)

outrun

Thanks alot. I did not expect to get this many replys to a silly question like this, but now I know it is the BEST forum!! My car will never be a Gransport anyway, so no need for a GS logo. I just love the exterior of the Gransport. But I find the interior of the 4200 more classic and appealing. And I miss wood in modern cars after having various Biturbos and Ghiblis. But my car has the wood option! Just a lot less opulent than the older Maseratis. Maybe I can retrofit it to my 4200. Real thick Ghibli wood.... :)

It will look like this on a GS (or 4200 that looks like a GS)

IMG_20140201_153907.jpg

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Interestingly my cover looks different!
In respect that it has a red piping seam following the side bonnet/windscreen/roof/boot line, has velro flaps for the boot aerial/roof aerial, and fits slightly lower so if fitted to a GS the surfboards would be covered.
My cover came with the car, I didn't buy it, and also has 'Maserati' across the back, and the 'Maserati badge emblem' on the windscreen area.

allandwf

Interestingly my cover looks different!
In respect that it has a red piping seam following the side bonnet/windscreen/roof/boot line, has velro flaps for the boot aerial/roof aerial, and fits slightly lower so if fitted to a GS the surfboards would be covered.
My cover came with the car, I didn't buy it, and also has 'Maserati' across the back, and the 'Maserati badge emblem' on the windscreen area.

Like mine. I still have the Maserati Part No Tag on the bag if anyone wants it.
5s.jpg
6s.jpg