Hello from Dundee.

Corranga

Welcome. There is another 4200 in Dundee, I'm sure he will be along soon enough to welcome you. I'm only up the road in Forfar. Where about in Dundee are you? Photos are easy on this site, and obligatory ;)

I'm here! Completely missed this thread over the past couple of days! Welcome along Geo.

Hi Allan I'm Broughty Ferry, but lived in Lunanhead for twelve years.

I'm a bit further into Dundee, on the Kingsway. My dad grew up in Lunanhead, and my gran lived there until she died a few years back. Priory Cottages, houe backing on to the brick yard. I have good memories of the village, from playing in the park up the back as a kid, to the Christmas Eve service at the kirk, though as she grew older, we did that less.

View attachment 46836
My car just being delivered.

It seems we have quite similar tastes as mine is also silver 4200 GT, though a facelift.
My car is in the middle of the line up in the photo Allan posted on the last page.
If you were at the Baxter Park car show last year, it was there. If you weren't, you didn't really miss much..

Geo

Hi C, the world really is quite small these days.

I lived at the bottom of Well Road in Lunanhead and used to run Lotus Elans and motorcycles back then. Unfortunately I wasn't at the Baxters Park show, but I'm sure we'll metaphorically bump into one another sometime. I'll probably have a few Maser questions fir you when we do!

Corranga

I'm sure that can be arranged :) We had a wee run to Blair Atholl last year.
View attachment 46837

Yes, we should definitely do this again soon.

As always, I'm aiming to attempt to be more active in the car scene this year, whether it be events, or even just solo runs.

Geo - I'm certain we'll cross paths, if for no other reason than I live on one of the busiest streets in the city :)

The Baxter Park show is organised by the Dundee Museum of Transport. It's a decent little show if you're in the area, the park is a nice setting, and it's hour or 2 of your time to look around. It's a free entry (for spectators) show too.

From a displaying perspective... You're stuck there all day and some of the kids get a bit touchy feely with the cars / there is no barriers in place etc. so I'm not sure I can recommend it. I enjoyed my day there, chatting to other owners of different cars, but it's not quite big enough to really spend a whole day there.
I live within 10 minutes walk, so my wife brought our little girl over, and my nieces, so I was able to spent time walking and talking with them.

bigbob

Oh dear, that would be a bit embarrassing , and expensive. No I didn't see that, great journalism though re the notorious A9 ;)

Indeed basically welling it off a roundabout (summer tyres, mid-engined, cold temps, damp road etc) but that will do for the dangerous A9 tag!

Geo

Thanks for the welcome Andy and Bob!

Regarding the NSX, I was wondering if it is the same one that appeared at Westend Honda in Broughty Ferry recently? I had a run in their original NSX back in March 2016.

IMG_1864.jpg

bigbob

No it was the new one with the trick motors and diffs to send the power where you don’t need it!

I had the original one for a week a decade or so ago - manual, red and targa - sublime!

bigbob

PS We need to start a thread on Scottish number plates. In Dundee recently I have seen:

E 3 OLA
K 44 SKN