Speed Camera database on MTC Nav system

Canova

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to get UK speed camera locations on the MTC Navigation system.

Regards
Canova

MrMickS

Given that the dealers seem to struggle with updates to the system I very much doubt it.

keith

I believe there is way by downloading the camera database from the Garnin site, at a cost, onto a USB stick then uploading them into the car. But it's complex and fraught with issues.
I use a stand alone Aguri GTX 200 which combines cameras with a dashcam mounted in the drivers lower corner of the windscreen, and then power it from a battery pack which sitS underneath on the dash board so no leads trailing across the dash.

davy83

or install Sygic on your phone and pay for the camera warning bolt on, it gets updated regularly too.

Canova

Hi

Thanks for the responses, I use Waze in another car and find it excellent, it is a pity that Maserati are unable to compete with a product that is both superior and free.

I found a website that looked promising with regard to downloading updates ( https://auto-update.garmin.com/auto-update/site/identifyUnit ) but when I entered my units ID it came back with "refer to dealer".

I have since emailed a Maser dealer with some questions regarding updates, but so far have not had a response.

In general I am disappointed with Maserati after sales responses, for instance I had to drag the details for vehicle tracking from them.

Maybe someone knows a dealer that is knowledgeable and willing to engage with their customers !!

Regards

Canova

Scaf

I gave up on speed camera locations for speed camera locations on the satnav and opted for a thinkware dash can set up that has them built in and can be updated.