North West Meet

Terry

Amazingly it's only people that have never met anyone off the forum that says that :D

C

Yes, but Lee is an intelligent guy. He knows that the vast bulk of folk off here going to an event in Manchester will be Northeners, so we`re all good to meet. It`d be very different if we were talking about the Sarf eg an event in Harlow!!!

CatmanV2

Yes, but Lee is an intelligent guy. He knows that the vast bulk of folk off here going to an event in Manchester will be Northeners, so we`re all good to meet. It`d be very different if we were talking about the Sarf eg an event in Harlow!!!

You're right. You'd get a civilized conversation, and a choice of more than Mild or Wallop on the drinks front ;)

C

Navcorr

You're right. You'd get a civilized conversation, and a choice of more than Mild or Wallop on the drinks front ;)
C

I'd concur - with suitably chilled drinks too. Decidedly agreeable old bean :)
A distinct improvement from when an "event in Harlow" used to mean an evening soirée with the appropriate length of 2x4.

Terry

C

You know, I owe you an apology! I thought you were a typical Southener who succumbs to a nose-bleed on going more than five miles north of Watford. However, reading your comments it`s obvious that you`ve visited the Peoples Democratic Republic of South Yorkshire!!

All I can say is that, as Benny will testify, those of us who live in Cheshire have a rather different approach to life. For example, the reason for my late response is an extended lunch. Two of us each had;
- a glass of champagne
- two courses
- coffee
and we shared a plate of nibbles with the champagne and then had a rather nice bottle of Viognier with the food.

Now I admit to being a cheapskate, and selecting the NV champagne rather than the vintage alternative, but I don`t think all that for less than £60 in total is too bad - but obviously it would have been cheaper in Harlow, and you would probably have had a choice of three champagnes rather than just the two! The other difference up here is that "a plank" is something the food comes on, not the 2x4 which adds to the A&E queues!

All best wishes

Terry

Last edited:

Navcorr

Terry

It`s a dead trendy Southern habit that`s spread to the Midlands and the North. Being close to the Potteries, I`m like you - I want my food on a china plate that there is a chance of cleaning properly!

Last edited:

Navcorr

It`s a dead trendy Southern habit that`s spread to the Midlands and the North. Being close to the Potteries, I`m like you - I want my food on a china plate that there is a chance of cleaning properly!

Good man! Preferably a round plate too :)

outrun

I’m in, provided we are after 1st April. Mancland is only 3 hrs run from me so it’s doable.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Y Two of us each had;
- a glass of champagne
- two courses
- coffee
and we shared a plate of nibbles with the champagne and then had a rather nice bottle of Viognier with the food.

Terry

Have you been having a picnic at Oulton Park again?

D Walker

I always ask in places where they bring food out on wooden boards to put mine on a plate. Mind boggles at the stuff that lives on them in between meals.

Terry

Have you been having a picnic at Oulton Park again?

Hi David,
Strangely, I am as averse to having a picnic in my thermals as some of us are to food on wooden boards.
Mind you, coming from the North East as you do, I suppose you`re used to thermals!
Cheers
Terry

Saigon

Hi, would love to attend but could not make it until early April.

1)BennyD
2) Lozzer
3) Doohickey - date dependant. Probably later in March?
4) ianed0
5) Vampyrebat - depending on date
6) FF1078 - Date dependent as I wont be taxing her until April
7) Terry - after 1st April like FF1078
8) JKulin - Provisional depending on date.
9) Hodroyd let me know when mate, fancy a look at P3
10) Cheshiremaserati - subject to date
11) ofenomeno99
12) Leeq61 - End March/April would be good
13) Saigon - Anytime April, 7th onward.

outrun

1)BennyD
2) Lozzer
3) Doohickey - date dependant. Probably later in March?
4) ianed0
5) Vampyrebat - depending on date
6) FF1078 - Date dependent as I wont be taxing her until April
7) Terry - after 1st April like FF1078
8) JKulin - Provisional depending on date.
9) Hodroyd let me know when mate, fancy a look at P3
10) Cheshiremaserati - subject to date
11) ofenomeno99
12) Leeq61 - End March/April would be good
13) Saigon - Anytime April, 7th onward.
14) Outrun

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Ok guys. This meet is now set for Sunday 8th April at P3 Supercars, Manchester (M17 1EJ). It's right next door to Daytona indoor karting. We can meet up and go en-masse if that suits? We'll aim to get there at 10am.