New Rumours Smaller SUV Before Alfieri

MrMickS

I've just read this via an FB group I'm a member of. Probably just the usual re-gurgitated tosh but here it is:
According to the latest informations revealed by an insider in Italy, FCA is working on full capacity to develop a series of new models, mainly SUVs. Here are some of the highlights of the informations coming through:
- Alfa's next release will be a bigger suv competing in the premium E segment, as anticipated previously by Alfa Romeo's own chief engineer Roberto Fedeli. At the moment the styling is already locked, work is being carried out to perfect the interior. It will be the first new model from Alfa Romeo to come also as a (mild) hybrid. Expect lots of high end features like head up display but it will still be a performance orientated big SUV, going against the likes of Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5 or Audi Q7.
- Another project reaching its final phase of development is the E segment sedan. It was however decided that the big SUV will come first, the sedan at a later date. For this type of vehicle not only the American market is important but also the Chinese one, and the latest developments there have made it more difficult for new comers to establish themselves.
-Somewhat surprisingly it has been decided that Giulietta's successor will also be an SUV. The hatchback variant has not been excluded at the moment, but again, the CUV will be developed first. Apparently the platform used will be the same as on Stelvio, but simplified for the compact segment.
-Over in Maserati all efforts are directed to bring as soon as possible to the market the D category SUV, also based on the Giorgio platform. This also means that Granturismo/Grancabrio will soldier on for a few years until Alfieri will finally arrive. The next generation Maserati supercar will be built on a brand new all electric platform.
-Last by not least, Ferrari is also busy working in its full size, proper SUV. Although all development is done in house, in order to develop an exclusive platform without any bits shared with Alfa or Maserati, this natural question that comes to mind: is the world ready for a four door Ferrari?

Andyk

Yes, that was posted on here around a month ago....Another SUV on the way by the looks of things.

Ryandoc

All electric for next car! The future is sooo depressing. Maserati’s are known for their noise, what a USP to just throw away. Sad face

bigbob

It will sell more than any sports car so it's the right choice for Maserati, albeit it takes them further downmarket and makes selling them alongside Ferrari in the same showroom look strange. As we have all said before, as long as new sports cars eventually arrive then everything is fine. Trouble is 'eventually' keeps being pushed further out.

Personally I am now bored with my GranTurismo but I have had it over six years so it should be being changed by now really. Mind in the 'space for the kids game' there is still little to touch it so it just sits in the end garage being used less and less. Hopefully the winter tyres coming off in March/April will increase my enthusiasm....plus stop the stupidly designed exhaust valves from jamming up - last week I had one jammed open and one jammed closed. Still it was a good excuse to lie on the garage floor with a tin of WD40 and a straw. That's what you get for buying an expensive, rare car.

outrun

It will sell more than any sports car so it's the right choice for Maserati, albeit it takes them further downmarket and makes selling them alongside Ferrari in the same showroom look strange. As we have all said before, as long as new sports cars eventually arrive then everything is fine. Trouble is 'eventually' keeps being pushed further out.

Personally I am now bored with my GranTurismo but I have had it over six years so it should be being changed by now really. Mind in the 'space for the kids game' there is still little to touch it so it just sits in the end garage being used less and less. Hopefully the winter tyres coming off in March/April will increase my enthusiasm....plus stop the stupidly designed exhaust valves from jamming up - last week I had one jammed open and one jammed closed. Still it was a good excuse to lie on the garage floor with a tin of WD40 and a straw. That's what you get for buying an expensive, rare car.

Bob, you should set about pimping it to keep the interest up. Full Larini system is where to start....

bigbob

Sounds like a good idea. Might start with restoring it to dark blue rather than the dark brown it is at the moment. Thing is it's not worth enough to sell and it still has a strong USP in the marketplace. Mind a straight swap for the M4 Dickie has could be fun...for a while.

conaero

Forum Owner
How about removing the nav and fitting something more up to date (as in the facelift model) and touch screen as a project with a rear camera?

When you do come to sell, you could reverse it and sell the upgrade to someone on here, Id be interested.

bigbob

How about removing the nav and fitting something more up to date (as in the facelift model) and touch screen as a project with a rear camera?

When you do come to sell, you could reverse it and sell the upgrade to someone on here, Id be interested.

Nice idea, thing is if I want tech I am happy getting that with whatever I replace my Disco4 family car with. I actually quite like the old tech in the GranTurismo and the facelift facelift has no DAB and will likely still have the worst ever Bluetooth reception in the history of...well Bluetooth.