Northern meet - 5/6 May

Jkulin

Well my son-in-law recovered enough to have a ride out with us today in the Chevy as the Maser is in the Garage after dumping it's coolant last night, so I hope everyone had a good day anyway.

MrMickS

Cracking drive with Doohickey and Lozzer. The roads up and back down from Alston being particularly memorable. Tan Hill and Buttertubs were good, but the narrow roads acted to temper the enthusiasm to push a little.

Suffering a little from too much sun, so trying to re-hydrate before the heading out again today.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Great day at Newby Hall, was first in early in the Italian section, but soon filled up nicely with some lovely cars.
Nice to chat with old and new owners.
:clap:

Attachments

• IMG_20180506_091017.jpg
    IMG_20180506_091017.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20180506_111723.jpg
    IMG_20180506_111723.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 57

D Walker

Helmsley mini meet, Mon 7th 10.30(ish)
Anyone bringing their better halves??

Lovely day for it Mike, looks a good turn out.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I'm going to decline. I've pushed my luck over the weekend doing 200 miles with a nail in the tyre so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead!

Kookaburra

Great day at Newby Hall, was first in early in the Italian section, but soon filled up nicely with some lovely cars.
Good to see you again Mike, enjoyed lighting up the rears as we left the field, not many places you can do that these days without Plod.

Attachments

• The Italian Section.jpg
    The Italian Section.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 39

MrMickS

Looks like there wasn't the collection of wankered Abarth 500s this year. Maybe we should have come along.

MrMickS

Well my son-in-law recovered enough to have a ride out with us today in the Chevy as the Maser is in the Garage after dumping it's coolant last night, so I hope everyone had a good day anyway.

I just think that your QP is allergic to visiting God's Own County. IIRC you had to bring the Chevy the last time you headed our way.

MrMickS

First video is now up on YouTube https://youtu.be/isgo1C7sMlk

I've a lot more footage from getting to the Tan Hill Inn and after Buttertubs but its likely to take me a little while to sort through it and edit something together. There's 2 hours of video and no one watches more than 5 minutes or so.

MrMickS

Nice shots with beautiful weather and great roads

The weather was perfect. Dave picked a great route, though some roads did feel a little narrow in places :D

The one thing I didn't manage to capture was how loud Dave's x-pipe was. You can just about hear it in places but it doesn't do it justice. I need a better mic, rather than relying on the camera tbh.

D Walker

Lol. It's getting him and his girlfriend to work 5 miles away. He normally cycles.
Wife had exam to study for. I'm going to collect car in 10.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
First video is now up on YouTube https://youtu.be/isgo1C7sMlk

I've a lot more footage from getting to the Tan Hill Inn and after Buttertubs but its likely to take me a little while to sort through it and edit something together. There's 2 hours of video and no one watches more than 5 minutes or so.

That was good especially with 3 cameras.
It does make it much more interesting with the different viewing angles.
If you can get a polarised filter for the dash board camera it would cut out the windscreen reflections.

MrMickS

That was good especially with 3 cameras.
It does make it much more interesting with the different viewing angles.
If you can get a polarised filter for the dash board camera it would cut out the windscreen reflections.

I hadn't thought of the filter. Tried all sorts in post-processing but it's better to get the footage right. Ordered one.

I'm trying to think of where to mount the fourth camera. Probably inside on the rear window. I mount it on the clamshell on the Spider and it works well.