Best tyres for our GS

samueluper

Hi, i have to change the four tyres and i want to know what tyres do you use and why.

Many thanks and happy new year!

whereskeith

Pirelli Pzero
Would not recommend them , when i change I think I will go to Michelin pilot super sports .

redsonnylee

I’ve got Michelin pilots on mine, very happy with them especially when it’s wet. Although can’t imagine you will be worrying about rain over there.

Ewan

Pirelli P Zero Rosso if you use the car predominantly in the dry. But if you use it often in the cold or wet, go for the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. But that said, you can only buy what's available, and the Pirelli production of that size/type is intermittent.

conaero

Forum Owner
Only one tyre in my opinion and that’s the Goodyear Eagle F1’s.

Awesome grip wet, dry or track, wear rate is excellent plus you can get them at bargain prices online.

The tyre I would recommend you avoid is the Pirelli’s. The stiffened sidewalks are too hard, ruin the ride, split the sidewalks on hitting potholes and crack the alloys.

If Goodyear’s are not for you then Michelin’s are excellent but quite pricey.

jayblue

If you use the car in all weather's the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 has won a lot of tyre tests since its release. If it's for more occasional mostly dry use then get the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. I have them on my GS and couldn't be happier with them.

G

Guest 1678

Had the Vredsteins on mine and they were brilliant. Totally predictable and a nice mix of capabilities in the wet and dry.

With Conaero - avoid Pirelli’s, the equivalent of a DUNLOP 204 on a motorbike. Like putting greased weasels on each rim and praying for the grim reaper to visit you early!

Contigo

Sponsor
There is only one tyre option on the Coupe and this is the Goodyear Eagle F1 asyms. Try the new 4 model...

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
If you fit 275's you really should tell your insurance company, so the benefit (questionable) vs hassle not worth it IMHO.

spkennyuk

What is it with Pirelli’s? same was said when I had my Elise, ditch finders!

The P Zeros are a good tyre for warm dry climates. In the UK its a different matter. Anything below about 5 degrees and the grip is not good. Grip in the wet is poor and the wear rate is not great either. The run out towards the end of the tyre life grip tend to drop off sharply and the car starts to tram line.

Dry day track tyre then you cant really fault them.

Zep

I’ll as my vote for Pilot Supersports, they seem to grip better and certainly last longer than the Pirelli - although i haven’t managed to wear out a Pirelli, they either split around the shoulder or get sidewall damage from pot holes. The Michelin’s have shrugged this off so far.

I understand that the Pilot Sport 4S is the update to the PSS and have heard good reports.

rockits

No vote for PZero's in the UK from me. I have Pilot Super Sports on the 4200 & they are great but more biased for good/dry weather. Also pretty expensive but only the best will do for my garage queen 4200

Best all round tyre for all weathers & best vfm seems to be Eagle F1 Assymetric's as others have said. I'm going to put them on the QP shortly. I've had them on previous cars & always been very happy with them.

Marwood

I have Vredsteins and really rate them. Recently did 1000 mile long weekend from London to Brecon Beacons - rarely above 5 degrees or dry but they worked superbly. Was amazed how hard I could press on - ran out of bravery long before I ran out of grip. They are stiff which is great for turn in but doesn't help comfort or noise, however.

(Friendly footnote: I'm sure you won't make the numpty mistake I did last year by mixing brands: Vreds on the front and Eagles on the back. The latter have softer sidewalls so the car would turn in, roll a fraction more at the back, at which point the suspension stiffened making the car feel suddenly loose mid-corner. Really unpleasant and ruined my enjoyment of the car. All rectified when I bought another set of Vreds a week later...and expensive brain fade moment! However, if anyone wants a set of barely used rear Eagles (3oo miles max) - feel free to make an offer before the wife turns them into plant pots...)

hodroyd

Pirelli PZero Rosso are top in my opinion if you can get them and they last, my other option is Michelin Pilot Sport 4, will break away quicker than Pirelli under pressure, but are not that bad on grip..! I do push my tyres to the max at times, these are my findings..!!
Roberto The Magnificent..!!

Last edited: