Two months in, QP...

Wanderer

Settling in nicely now - think car has benefited from being used after being on forecourt for a bit, clutch is changing really smoothly, seems to sound quieter and smoother in general mechanically, after my initial woes starting to trust it now...

MPG over last two weeks at home from Dublin has been 17.4, not too bad.

So far I've had;

1. Left bank ignition coils failing on first drive from dealer, fixed by them.

2. Clutch position sensor (I think!) failed causing transmission failure but I think real fault was;

3. Engine speed sensor, fixed, all too so far fingers crossed.

Dealer picked up tab for the work, pity it meant an extra ferry trip for me and only had car for half of time in first six weeks due to being in shop but all part of the fun.

Things to fix;

1. TPMS - sensors in post. Determined to fix this - the bleeping scares the ***** out of me every morning.

2. Driver window up is an issue, and press and hold on key fob leaves both driver window and rear NS window stay down, weird. Battery reset? Also boot release on fob stopped working - it did...

3. Key fobs, mine a a mess, one not so bad, the other was gunged up with glue to keep it usable, destroyed that to move all the innards to a replacment off eBay that looked good, all the bits fitted except the blade, have to use the included one and get it cut. Fogherty's on Dame St in Dublin tried but said the new blade was too thin and won't cut. Anyone know of a key fob replacement supplier, there was one place mentioned on Maseratilife they found perfect ones but not available anymore.

4. Managed to snap the rubber strap holding the fuel cap to the body, can it be replaced alone or new cap?

5. Driver side cubby hole - missing thumb screw, any ideas? Europares 28 quid or something, I know it's a Maserati but!!!

6. Handbrake slide plate - bit odd, when handbrake is off the plate slides down leaving a gap at the top where u can see inside the console - looks a bit naff, also looks like it designed that way. Small thing that tho.

Other that that, loving it!

Contigo

Sponsor
4. Managed to snap the rubber strap holding the fuel cap to the body, can it be replaced alone or new cap?

Other that that, loving it!

Done that on the GTS, can't say I'm fussed as it used to hang and touch the paintwork. Now I just hold it and there is no danger of damaging the paintwork. What a **** design...

CatmanV2

Battery reset and in honesty get a new fob from a dealer. I suspect it'll be less trouble in the long run.

I don't think the rubber straps are available separately. It'll probably be a £400 labour bill to fix ;) I don't think I've *ever* owned a car with an intact strap, and if I did, I think I'd be worried about them dangling a scratching the paint.

Can't help with anything else :)

C

Wanderer

Jinxed it! Pulling into Holyhead to go back to Dublin, pulled in at port for a customs search, switched off, all ok, restarted, MSP, ASR, Suspension Failure, Go to Dealer. Car drove onto ship ok, didn't seem to be any different, tried a few restarts and got the same errors one more time out of five, ok after. Fingers crossed but sounds like a trip to Ken Plant in Ballymount again....

D Walker

Done that on the GTS, can't say I'm fussed as it used to hang and touch the paintwork. Now I just hold it and there is no danger of damaging the paintwork. What a **** design...

There is actually a hook on the inside of the fuel flap to hang it on.....

CatmanV2

Jinxed it! Pulling into Holyhead to go back to Dublin, pulled in at port for a customs search, switched off, all ok, restarted, MSP, ASR, Suspension Failure, Go to Dealer. Car drove onto ship ok, didn't seem to be any different, tried a few restarts and got the same errors one more time out of five, ok after. Fingers crossed but sounds like a trip to Ken Plant in Ballymount again....

Low battery or screwed ABS sensor guess.

C

Wanderer

Low battery or screwed ABS sensor guess.

C

I thought ABS, battery is new and I was at end of a 3 hour 70 mph drive. Seems I get the Unholy Trinity os MSP, ASR and Susp. when anything goes wrong, the failed coils did it, as did the clutch position sensor failure. Fixed and these warning disappear.

It's not come back on since though, I'm wondering if the customs guy, who asked me to switch off then opened bonnet maybe caused a short or loose connection due to rapid cooling or something?

He didn't find my drugs, two 10-sachet boxes of Lemsip - much cheaper in UK!

Incidentally each time on ferry when I'm starting up to drive off, I get attempted break-in warning, do I need to turn something off on ferries for that? Anti-lift?

spkennyuk

If the qp is the same as the 4200 then the wheel bearing starting to give a small amount of play will trigger the abs sensor, MSP and skyhook lights. The abs sensor is built into the bearing on the 4200. Usually clears after a restart but will get worse and trigger more often as the bearing wears more.

Wanderer

If the qp is the same as the 4200 then the wheel bearing starting to give a small amount of play will trigger the abs sensor, MSP and skyhook lights. The abs sensor is built into the bearing on the 4200. Usually clears after a restart but will get worse and trigger more often as the bearing wears more.

Cheers I'll get Ken Plant here in Dublin (the Irish Marios from Autoshield, knows his stuff) to put his SD3 on it, and prepare to pony up! In the meantime is it's safe to drive? Just I was off to Churchtown Co. Cork this Sat, to visit Ollie Reeds grave, he's my hero....

Is ASR related to ABS? I'm acronym out nowadays.....

spkennyuk

Cheers I'll get Ken Plant here in Dublin (the Irish Marios from Autoshield, knows his stuff) to put his SD3 on it, and prepare to pony up! In the meantime is it's safe to drive? Just I was off to Churchtown Co. Cork this Sat, to visit Ollie Reeds grave, he's my hero....

Is ASR related to ABS? I'm acronym out nowadays.....

Yes its safe to drive. You will find if the msp and abs and skyhook lights do come on then it will be limites to around 5k revs and the hill hold function wont work.

If its the same as the 4200 then the bearing that is showing signs of play with throw the abs sensor out of range of the other 3 and it then disables the systems connected to it.

If it triggers on bends or if you hit a bump in the road then thats another sign its a bearing.

The msp abs and skyhook lights will just trigger more often the worse it gets.

spkennyuk

ASR is anti slip control when the car is pulling away or accelerating hard. It dips the power slightly if the abs sensors detect a wheel spinning out of sync with the others.

Wanderer

Cheers fellas

Just to re-iterate I've not seen the ABS light come on, just ASR, MSP and Suspension Failure. Having said that car has been no trouble today, no warnings at all apart from the ever-present TPMS failure. Will still run it round to Ken's though, any excuse, he has a '74 Lambo Urraco in there undergoing full restoration...

Mattp

I'm into my QP for about the same amount of time... 17.7 seems to be my average, but my driving is all twisty b roads, it's not often I get a long run...

I'm not free of all electrical gremlins either! Just this week the parking sensors appear to have stopped working, so a reset at some point to see if that will fix it.

Point 6... I have the exact same handbrake issue! When release there looks to be a bit of trim missing to cover the hole, hopefully someone will say that it's a common problem, it's just unclipped and there is an easy way of retreiving it from wherever it's vanished to!

rockits

Cheers fellas

Just to re-iterate I've not seen the ABS light come on, just ASR, MSP and Suspension Failure. Having said that car has been no trouble today, no warnings at all apart from the ever-present TPMS failure. Will still run it round to Ken's though, any excuse, he has a '74 Lambo Urraco in there undergoing full restoration...

Had the same errors on the project 4200 last year. ABS error was a fault on the ABS sensor that needed a replacement hub.

The suspension fault was seperate and a silly easy fix. I say easy but needed to get the headlight out to get to it first. The acceleratometer/sensor thingy had come off it's body mount behind the left hand side headlight. Funny thing was when I took the headlight out & went to remount it it wasn't even plugged in to the plug either! Plugged it back in and remounted it back to the body & that fault was fixed!

Was a bit hairy driving about with no ABS/ASR/MSP or anything though until I had fixed it. Bit like driving an old TVR