One car you wished you had never sold

Andyk

As title what is the one car you wished you had never sold...

For me.

M3 CSL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 157

zagatoes30

Now this is an easy one, Alfa Romeo GTV 6

n637186273_1451049_41.jpg

Worse decision I ever made and to further compound the problem I sold it to a friend who has butchered it into a track car :(

But I still remember her as she was

DSC04836.jpgDSC04837.jpgDSC04841.jpg

Wattie

My MC shift GTS.....no car has been harder to get over.....and I’m still not.......that sound![8B7E1083-7814-4765-9270-DA16E9416BEB.jpgATTACH=CONFIG]46623[/ATTACH]lll
The Atom was so much fun but totally impractical.
Cheers Wattie

Wattie

Yep told you should never have sold it!!!
It’s a funny one.
Techno wise 2-3 out of 10. Reliability, nightmare pending 10/10.
But god that car had “je ne sais quoi”...I think it’s because at 30mph you felt the engine noise was 230mph!!,

I currently drive a Mercedes C250 new stylie, fully specced and it’s unbelievable...even drives itself......and I mean steers, brakes, accelerates etc ...the tech is incredible,the stereo ridiculous.... and it’s fast as f***....and reliable.
Kinda wish it had a little more noise tho.........and would break occasionally.
Cheers Wattie

Contigo

Sponsor
You don't need all that tech, tell me how even electric windows have improved our lives or made us happier?

Merak Memories

911sc guards red with black pinstripe interior (1979 coupe) - beautiful iconic classic and the only one I have ever wanted back - all the others I was glad to get rid of at the time!!

allandwf

I don't regret selling any of mine, as they have always been a stepping stone to others. Met some great people and had some great experiences along the way, which I may not have done. (Possibly I could have tucked away my old RHD 1963 Fiat 500D though.)

rockits

You don't need all that tech, tell me how even electric windows have improved our lives or made us happier?
I'd agree with much off this. A bit of exercise & muscle strengthening winding up/down a window is never a bad thing. The TVR you have to put a key in a lock & turn it to unlock it. It could do with traction control on occasion though!

The keyless go handles on Mercs always go wrong as the seals wear/fail then let in water & they stop working. At 125 a shot unpainted it can get a bit tiresome & expensive although many don't bother replacing them as find they're not that bothered about keyless go when it doesn't work & find it is hardly an essential.

rockits

I regret selling the SL60 AMG for sure. Not sure about much else that has gone that I've been too bothered about. Not sure I can remember them all without a serious think.

Contigo

Sponsor
The M5 touring, values gone up massively and there are only 220 in RHD (add to write off probably only 150 left on roads)

bmwv10.jpg

Rwc13

Lotus Esprit V8
160b8f8589997a29cc0d4c230abb8844.jpg
10180dff1c0a6496f9e28c58e1fd062e.jpg
c061b4f9c93bb408fc7277f13a0080eb.jpg
2f5af28d92c3b49358cf62adc17ba4be.jpg

Andyk

Lotus Esprit V8
160b8f8589997a29cc0d4c230abb8844.jpg
10180dff1c0a6496f9e28c58e1fd062e.jpg
c061b4f9c93bb408fc7277f13a0080eb.jpg
2f5af28d92c3b49358cf62adc17ba4be.jpg

Now that is stunning Rw13....I had a G plate turbo and at the time Pete Smith the Lotus dealer Derby had a demo V8 which he let me take out...Just worlds apart to the old Esprit. Is that your actual car....isn't that one of the last as well with those shells...... Not many come up for sale these days.....Lovely car.

Scaf

I have limited garage space and have to sensible on how ££££££ are sat outside so have always limited myself to a daily and two toys - an exotic and a classic and with an list as long as a monkeys are of cars I want o own, I swap around every tow years or so, so every car sold makes way for another I want so not so many regrets BUT - I don't know how I could ever replace my old "mint" MK2 Crayford Cortina or my awesome 32 Model hotrod that someone had ploughed 70K into and I picked it up for 17k (sold it for 24k) - hard to find one again of such quality.
Most of my other cars could be bought again for much the same money as I bought and sold for - just need that warm dry barn that I dream about, oh and deeper pockets.
I am looking to change the GTS this year - but am worried I will regret it, such a lot of car for the money - and the grin factor will be hard to match, let alone beat.

IanU

Of these 5 I still have the Volvo bottom left. Bought new in 2004 and now has 266k on it - no plans to sell it anytime soon, probably the most versatile and comfortable car I've ever owned
Top left, my Omega Elite. I owned this car twice as I loved it so much, but finally sold it with 235k on the clock to make space for the QP - no regrets :) - but I do miss it
The 3 on the right, if I had the space I'd loved to have kept them all, but needs and practical reasons at the time they had to go.
The Rover was my Dads, I ran it until rust got the better of it and sold it to a Docker in Plymouth for peanuts - if only I still had it now :-(. Replaced with:
The MG BGT, my first car in reality, again rust and reliability needed for long haul journeys meant it had to go.
The Saab, was just so much fun, really practical and always put a smile on my face. Bought it with 73k on it, scrapped it with 205k but kept all the custom bits and sold them separately. Owned a 900 GLE and 900CD prior to this one.
I've never owned anything I wouldn't have loved to have kept. None of them were really a factor in trading in to trade up as they were either worth nothing anyway, or didn't make it.
yo0NIco.jpg

Rwc13

Now that is stunning Rw13....I had a G plate turbo and at the time Pete Smith the Lotus dealer Derby had a demo V8 which he let me take out...Just worlds apart to the old Esprit. Is that your actual car....isn't that one of the last as well with those shells...... Not many come up for sale these days.....Lovely car.

Yes, that was my actual car and I owned it twice. Last I heard it had gone to Germany with somebody in the armed forces. Would own it a third time and forever if the opportunity ever came up