Granturismo - Connector in Boot - Battery related?

Masser50

Can anyone tell me what this connector is? Presumably for charging the battery but is there a CTEK connector for it?A7065E42-4A7E-4A72-B364-B98FF86330A2.jpg

Scaf

I don’t have that - could be an aftermarket connection for a specific charger

CatmanV2

Many thanks - I will get the adapter - currently using croc clips which is a pain in the a$$

If you get the one with the indicator lights, let me know what they say? I've had them on both the GT and teh 4200 and they went red in about 15 minutes!

The other thing is you need to make sure the plug is well pushed in. Mine has a tendency to disconnect

C

Masser50

Mine is an Aust delivered car, it’s on the righthand side of the boot as look in from the rear.

Masser50

Should have said it’s not an after market addition, there from new. The metal clip sits at the top.

Masser50

Should have said it's not an after market addition, there from new. The metal clip sits at the top.

I checked the manual and it says it's a “charge maintainer socket†and it says there are 4 different types of socket, unhelpfully it doesn't say which I have.

CLRut

Very helpful and thanks - I have this socket in my Strad (there from new apparently); would prefer to use this ongoing rather than fiddle around with the loose-fitting battery hooks and lifting the boot floor. Has anyone successfully purchased the additional lead needed to connect to a CTEK and allow this socket to work as intended?

Masser50

Having looked into this bit on the internet it’s seems CTEK don’t make the part required. It’s in fact a Ferrari derived part now being used in the GTS. There are some sellers on eBay for this unique fitting. I’m wondering if using this particular lead means it has a fail safe to stop you driving with the lead in place like the Ferraris? I haven’t asked my Maser dealer for the part price but bet it is more than eBay and this guy below:

https://www.kumari.net/index.php/system-adminstration/25-cars/ferrari-f430

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Very helpful and thanks - I have this socket in my Strad (there from new apparently); would prefer to use this ongoing rather than fiddle around with the loose-fitting battery hooks and lifting the boot floor. Has anyone successfully purchased the additional lead needed to connect to a CTEK and allow this socket to work as intended?

The 12v socket in the boot is permanently live so if you get the adapter then you don't need to keep lifting the boot floor.

This is what I've got and it works very well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-CTE-5...=UTF8&qid=1514997431&sr=8-3&keywords=ctek+12v

CLRut

The 12v socket in the boot is permanently live so if you get the adapter then you don't need to keep lifting the boot floor.

This is what I've got and it works very well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-CTE-5...=UTF8&qid=1514997431&sr=8-3&keywords=ctek+12v

Thanks David - that looks as if it plugs into the cigarette lighter and not the CTEK itself? Sorry if I am being very slow here, but I was ideally looking for an adaptor which connects into the main CTEK unit, which in turn is mains-connected.

CatmanV2

Thanks David - that looks as if it plugs into the cigarette lighter and not the CTEK itself? Sorry if I am being very slow here, but I was ideally looking for an adaptor which connects into the main CTEK unit, which in turn is mains-connected.

It connects the CTEK to the 12v socket in the boot of the car. Which is permanently live. I have the same except with the pretty lights that tell me the battery is always flat:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-56-87...000839&sr=1-3&keywords=ctek+comfort+indicator

C

Masser50

I was told by my Sydney dealer that Maserati Aust have never sold the CTeK connector in Aust. They are trying to get a price from Maserati but nothing has come back so far.

Separately I installed the Ctek ‘battery sense’ (tells you battery condition via Bluetooth), so far it’s worked really well. Would recommend the sensor if you want to avoid a flat battery.

bigbob

I was told by my Sydney dealer that Maserati Aust have never sold the CTeK connector in Aust. They are trying to get a price from Maserati but nothing has come back so far.

Separately I installed the Ctek ‘battery sense’ (tells you battery condition via Bluetooth), so far it’s worked really well. Would recommend the sensor if you want to avoid a flat battery.

I've never understand this perpetual need to have BT or internet connectivity in things that don't need it. i plug my Ctek in and forget it, not sure why I need to check in with me and waste more of my time. ditto my fridge.