Lancia Beta Montecarlo Barn Find - enough left?

O37

Those were the days when I could choose which one to drive! If only I had a larger garage at the time...

montecarlos.jpg

GeoffCapes

Lovely cars. My sisters ex had two (seems a common theme owning two. For when one didn't start?).

Always happy to get a lift in one of them when I was a teenager.

greeny12

Six grand though. Really? Have to wonder where people dream these valuations up from.

Spartacus

Sandard practice with Italian cars , buy 2 for when one does nt work ha ha

I looked at one of these years ago , ended up getting an Opel GT .

conaero

Forum Owner
Yep I can vouch for reliability. Simple engineering. It would have been more complex with mid mounted engine but GM poopoo’d it!

Vampyrebat

Yep!.......Totally criminal

Looks fantastic in red. C pillar area reminded me of a Forenza from some angles (not a bad thing)

Sold my red Monte for 4.5k, it had been fully restored by the last owner with a lovely cream leather throughout and engine replaced with a Volumex (hence the irregular bulge in the firewall area...............Hindsight!!

MrMickS

Always liked them but never got round to owning one

Likewise. I saw one for sale locally, in 2000 or so, for about £2.5k and thought I should buy it. Never did and have regretted it since. Missed out on a cheap 155 V6 a few months later too.

StuartW

I always preferred the Beta Coupe to the MC personally and the Spyder ultimately. A VX engine in a Spyder would have been great and will hopefully be a project for me one day, if there any left by then of course!