Headlight Washer Caps/Covers

Vampyrebat

Hi all

I lost one of the above so have had to purchase a new one in primer. To ensure that they both are the same colour l need to take off the other one to have them both sprayed. I have tried diffusing them then turning off the ignition hoping they would stay out so I could just pop it off but alas they just return back in.
Can anybody advise me on how I can take off the in-situ one please and how I can clip them back on once they have been sprayed??

safrane

You need someone else to spray the lights while you grab it before it goes back down... much fun and hilarity to be had on a cold and frosty morning.

I had mine painted by DL before delivery...it was back in 2010 and cost £45.00 all in.

You may want to tie some fishing line onto the new ones so that if it flies off again you will have it there hanging off the line attached to the spray arm.

BTW they will pop off if you spray the lights on the move at anything close or above motorway speeds so I learned to use the fog lights, turn down to side lights and spray...or not to spray at all.

Vampyrebat

Thanks for the info and advice Peter.............Why did I have to buy a car with xenon headlights!!! I'll take your advice on the fishing line also!