Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Winter tyres for Qp

On the (US) Maserati-life forum, ErikDiSomma is running 325’s on 19” so 295 should fit. However, I was under the impression that you were looking for winter tyres, so unless you want to take up sleighing, stick to the 285

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Manders View Post
    On the (US) Maserati-life forum, ErikDiSomma is running 325’s on 19” so 295 should fit. However, I was under the impression that you were looking for winter tyres, so unless you want to take up sleighing, stick to the 285
    Haha - yes good point
    09 Quattroporte Sport GTS

Well took the plunge yesterday.
    4x19" rims on their way from Italy - cheaper to pay in Euro than £'s ??
    4 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's on their way from Mytyres.co.uk.
    All expected to arrive about the same time next week, so get the sun cream out, I suspect Winter has just finished and we'll have the warmest spring ever recorded............ ?! you wait..

Cheers
    Ian.
    09 Quattroporte Sport GTS

Quote Originally Posted by outrun View Post
    That's crazy. You're causing an imbalance, there is not reason why the fronts could not lose tractions and it's game over. I'd urge you to change them too.

I was going to make the same point. If the conditions merit summer tyres you should have them on both axles, if the conditions merit winter tyres you should have them on both axles, anything else is asking for leaving a roundabout ar5e first.

I know people who wouldn't mix manufacturers, or models, across axles - because all tyres have different coefficients of grip.
    Michael
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current: Quattroporte Executive GT, Nuvolari

Gone but not forgotten: Alfasud Sprints, Ritmo 105TC, Alfetta GTV6, Lancia Y10 turbo, Alfa Romeo 164, 156, 166, one Citroën C6 and a Peugeot 205

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234