It'll buff out right?

Contigo

Sponsor
I'd be looking at the T&C's very closely, this must have come up and I bet they have windscreen cover with their insurer, it might cost you £75 but it's not too bad. Check before calling.

sofasurfer

T&C's don't mention anything about windscreen cover, just that I'm responsible for any damage with an excess of £500. That's how much my own personal excess is but then I have my own windscreen cover which would be nowhere near £500. They will claim on their windscreen cover I'm guessing so not too happy if they try to charge me £500 to sort it and then pocket the difference.

safrane

I hire every day, but fortunately my T&Cs exclude wear and tare items.

What they will say is that the car cannot be hired until repairs are done hence the £500 excess even if its just a tenner to fix.

If the car was provided by your insurance then you should be able to use your policy cover...if not your own cover will not cover cars hired to you unless it is an extra requirement on your policy offer.

hashluck

I still cant work out how " a no fault claim" affects your own insurance,

Its a bit like saying, the bank got robbed, and although you had no money in, your share is xxxx which you have to pay to cover the loss....

It's something about your propensity to put yourself in situations where you may be involved in an accident. Or translated another excuse to fleece you for more money.

sofasurfer

I hire every day, but fortunately my T&Cs exclude wear and tare items.

What they will say is that the car cannot be hired until repairs are done hence the £500 excess even if its just a tenner to fix.

If the car was provided by your insurance then you should be able to use your policy cover...if not your own cover will not cover cars hired to you unless it is an extra requirement on your policy offer.

The car was supplied by Admiral, the other party's insurer but I'm betting they will not cover the excess. Might have to give it a go though.

conaero

Forum Owner
Can you not claim on your own personal car insurance and pay just the £50 excess?

All insurance covers you third party on any other car, not sure if the windscreen cover carries too but worth checking?

sofasurfer

Can you not claim on your own personal car insurance and pay just the £50 excess?

All insurance covers you third party on any other car, not sure if the windscreen cover carries too but worth checking?

It's worth a shot. Will give them a ring this afternoon. Feel like this might be a battle.

CatmanV2

I still cant work out how " a no fault claim" affects your own insurance,

Its a bit like saying, the bank got robbed, and although you had no money in, your share is xxxx which you have to pay to cover the loss....

Actually it's more like the bank got robbed and you *did* have money in it, but were not involved in the robbery, or the security of the bank. "Should have picked a better bank"

C

2b1ask1

Special case
My no fault accident in the van fall off at the end of this year, unfortunately I have a rather bigger claim jacking my renuals since the Mas got nicked! What annoys me is they also jack my policies because I claimed for a windscreen replacement!!! Another two years on that one.