LHD GranSport Spyder

Ewan

A friend of mine is thinking of selling his GranSport Spyder. It's in great condition and recently serviced, it's black (with new ceramic detailing) and has done 28k miles. It's LHD and he imported it from the USA. (It is now fully registered and taxed here in the UK, obviously.)

I'm happy to be corrected but imagine it would be around the £45k mark if it were a UK car in RHD.

So, what does the collective wisdom of the forum think it's worth here in the UK?

Would it be better to try and sell it on the Continent, and if so, how?

allandwf

I looked at LHD Spyders a couple of years ago, you could pick them up around 35 to 55k Euros. The last RHD one I remember recently was the yellow one, can't remember price. Sorry.

GeoffCapes

I would guess about 30k as its LHD. I think they go for more in Europe.
However work will be needed to make it suitable for European roads.

zagatoes30

I would have thought the yellow one is mid low 30s due to mileage and /or colour but black 28k GS Spyder should be stronger mid 30s maybe. LHD is not such a big issue and a plus for Le Mans or other Euro trips.

I have never been a GS fan but I do like the GS Spyder it just sort of works

Andyk

Interesting. But high(ish) mileage and yellow are not great features for value as they very much limit the marketplace. Maybe £30k is about right for his LHD car. I just don't know.

The yellow one seems cheap...I believe it was up for more originally......Good RHD GS Spyders are 40k plus these days. Seem to remember the last one ove 40kband when the anniversary cars are 40 to 45k the GS is better and I believe just as rare and arguably better looking without the hutch back on its boot......The LHD GS has to be 35k min surely with those miles. Would get more selling in LHD markets though surely.

zagatoes30

I wouldn't worry about LHD if there was a significant saving over the RHD version. Just don't had £30k plus free for toys at the moment

GeoffCapes

The more I see the yellow GS Spider at Giallo, the more I like it. I don't think the pictures actually do it justice.

It looked awesome on Monday.