Flattering review of Levante S Gransport

hoyin

azapa

I'm happy for the brand, but not a fan of SUV's in general. Or better said: I could never imagine spending >50K on one..

MrMickS

How can you tell by looking at the car front the outside that it is the petrol or diesel version?

One of my neighbours just got a Levant in white. Looks nice but I don’t want to talk to them till I find out if it is petrol or diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for an S on the back. I believe that's the only way to tell externally.

D Walker

How can you tell by looking at the car front the outside that it is the petrol or diesel version?

One of my neighbours just got a Levant in white. Looks nice but I don’t want to talk to them till I find out if it is petrol or diesel.

PMSL, Fuel snobbery, I bet you only talk to people with McLaren baby buggies as well.

MrMickS

PMSL, Fuel snobbery, I bet you only talk to people with McLaren baby buggies as well.

Nothing wrong with fuel snobbery. There's petrol and tractor juice.

I am a fuel snob. I admit it. I could be persuaded to switch to hydrogen should Maserati build a fuel-cell car though. I know there wouldn't be a noise but at least it wouldn't rattle ;)

hoyin

McLaren buggies. Everyone knows they are cheap rubbish!

I only talk to people that push pockit strollers.

Then you know they have done their research and travel a lot.

GeoffCapes

McLaren buggies. Everyone knows they are cheap rubbish!

I only talk to people that push pockit strollers.

Then you know they have done their research and travel a lot.

We went for Silver Cross.

Far from cheap (I've bought cars for less!), and thus far I would say not rubbish either!

P R

I was talking to the girl in the dealership when picking mine up, said with all this diesel nonsense their orders for petrol ones have become more popular than the diesel ones

bigbob

I was talking to the girl in the dealership when picking mine up, said with all this diesel nonsense their orders for petrol ones have become more popular than the diesel ones

Makes sense for people who don't do big mileage. It's not nonsense it's just buying what is most relevant to your needs. Diesel has only ever made sense for high mileage vehicles, like yours!

MrMickS

I wish they had done that earlier. Are you going to buy one for yours?

Nah. I've given up making a fuss now (quickly hides the GHIBLI S show plates he had made up). People can think what they like. I know its a petrol and will tell people if they ask.

bigbob

Nah. I've given up making a fuss now (quickly hides the GHIBLI S show plates he had made up). People can think what they like. I know its a petrol and will tell people if they ask.

Actually it is only people like us who are interested. Not long after the Ghibli was launched I was walking down the High Street in Northallerton and a Ghibli had me fooled with the rear end audio enhancement. Checked the reg number and it was a diesel as 4 out of 5 are. Having driven a few now it is clearly a diesel at the front end but they have done a good job of fooling pedestrians on the drive by low rev test.

P R

Makes sense for people who don't do big mileage. It's not nonsense it's just buying what is most relevant to your needs. Diesel has only ever made sense for high mileage vehicles, like yours!

Nonsense as in the Euro VI diesels are so much worse than petrols...

bigbob

Nonsense as in the Euro VI diesels are so much worse than petrols...

That's true in the main but people have lost confidence after the Euro V lies. Diesel will bounce back for larger cars but it should never have been sold to people driving shopping cars etc.