4.7 cat D on copart 5k miles

Contigo

Sponsor
Yes, auction ended at £15.6k but given the guy wants £29k on Auotrader and last time it was higher than £18k this will be back up for auction. Agreed that the paintwork looks a different colour between the auction photos and the Autotrader ad

Wait wait wait. The first car is grey (ended at £15.6k) the one for £29k on AT is black. What am I missing? :(

dgmx5

The AT car looks black in the photos but says grey in the advert and the original bill of sale howsGrigio. It also has the same reg no as the Copart car.

Contigo

Sponsor
The AT car was an original S auto car, the grey one was a much later facelift car on an 11 or 12 plate IIRC.

Sam McGoo

It has been on pistonheads the last month for 30k until recently.
I emailed him asking for info and pics of the damage etc, but he never replied. That day, the pistonheads ad disappeared so I assumed it had sold.

Its funny how in the ebay ad, it says he hasn't got pictures of the damage as he bought it repaired, but earlier in this thread there are pictures and info on the damage from the seller.
If he bought it back in december when it was for sale, that would make him the 3rd owner, and a very short ownership. But the ebay ad says 1 previous owner.....Hmmm

Already up to 18k in 1 day though, so will watch with interest. Typically, I'm away working so can't get down to see it before the auction ends. :crying:

It's not the only Maserati to resurface. The rather suspect looking white 3200 that was offered in this forum before Christmas at £11,000 ish has bobbed up on eBay again at £8,000 or best offer.

dgmx5

It has been on pistonheads the last month for 30k until recently.
I emailed him asking for info and pics of the damage etc, but he never replied. That day, the pistonheads ad disappeared so I assumed it had sold.

Its funny how in the ebay ad, it says he hasn't got pictures of the damage as he bought it repaired, but earlier in this thread there are pictures and info on the damage from the seller.
If he bought it back in december when it was for sale, that would make him the 3rd owner, and a very short ownership. But the ebay ad says 1 previous owner.....Hmmm

Already up to 18k in 1 day though, so will watch with interest. Typically, I'm away working so can't get down to see it before the auction ends. :crying:

This was the seller's response to my query as to why it only showed 1 owner if he was not the guy selling it last December:

"Hi David,bought the car back in December but i have registered on the trade.It needed a service and also the side skirt was missing.All sorted now
There is 1 previous owner on the v5
Regards"

I don't know what he bought it for but judging by the price on ebay currently he will have made a pretty penny. Not exactly selling because he is after an R8 as he maintains, he is a dealer but trying to avoid saying as such.

How many cars have had multiple owners 'under declared' by owners registering the car as trade?

Corranga

How many cars have had multiple owners 'under declared' by owners registering the car as trade?

Wow, didn't know that was possible! Pretty dishonest as obviously he knows what people think when you say 1 previous owner, then he tells you that he's the second of the one previous owners!