Alfa resurgence....

Andyk

Enjoyed reading this .... not only because they talk about Aston Martin in profit but outline Alfa going the same way..........Only down side is no manuals in Alfa's going forward or Maserati...but then we new that already for Maserati.......for Alfa this doesn't feel the right move....

Good news a potential Giulia Sportswagon Q.V...Now That would be a car worth having and the lacklustre 4C having a mechanical makeover to make it competitive. And great to hear him talk about a halo model..........Feels like Alfa are finally going the right way. Just need to get the quality right and interior materials up to scratch and they will be a force to be reckoned with......

https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/blog/ph-footnote-alfas-return-to-the-top/37230

2b1ask1

Special case
A pleasing read indeed Andy; there is hope for Maserati yet, clearly he is focusing on the more mass market marque first which is business sense. He does get things done and quickly!

Andyk

They do seem to be giving Alfa the push rather than Maserati. Well let's hope it rubs if on Maserati ...

montravia

If I recall, after sorting FIAT, ALFA was the next brand to be sorted, and most feared of getting it wrong considering the passion associated with the brand, including mine.

With all the accolade of the Guila, I'm not convinced. I loved ALFA, but the current range seem mediocre, both in appearance and handling unless one notches up to Abarth levels. Some serious and radical thinking needed.

I really really do hope they can pull it off, wake up the masses of porridge about

conaero

Forum Owner
A step in the right direction for sure, just need to get that styling back on que for me and they will have me back.

Michael

I am really hoping for an F Type competitor with that lovely v6 engine and a canvas roof - I'd even sell my GranTurismo to fund it.

I am going to buy a Stelvio, 280 bhp. Just trying to work out if it is worth waiting for the Veloce version. I think the Stelvios are selling well in the UK.

Andyk

In this months EVO...Saloon of the year the Guila Veloce ... That's the Luke warm one isn't it ? And super saloon of the year the Guila QV ...... Not seen many Alfas in the group for car of the year over the years....now Two...

zagatoes30

The fact that people are talking about Alfa in a positive light and not just those old die hards who follow the brand regardless is a major step forward. The Giulia & Stelvio both getting loads of press and publicity with hopefully more to come and finally people buying, once again from outside the normal Alfa circle.

Well done Alfa here's to the future - its a long time since we could say that

bigbob

Alfa just cannot seem to gain traction in the UK - sold 277 cars last month compared with 284 in Jan 17.

iainw

Alfa just cannot seem to gain traction in the UK - sold 277 cars last month compared with 284 in Jan 17.

Holy ****. Thats appauling - especially as most of them are relatively 'cheap'.
I have been keeping an eye on the Guilia QV's. They are certainly not behaving like the Ghibli S's price wise - holding very strong, and the cheapest ones on AT have actually gone up by a few k since before Xmas.

bigbob

Try making some cheeky offers and see what happens. Prices often defy gravity for a while.

G

Guest 1678

Supply is ****

I ordered a Stelvio 280bhp Milano launch edition in mid-September.

Due for delivery mid December, now likely to be with me early March.

I have nearly cancelled twice, but am looking forward to the car, so hanging on with gritted teeth.

MrMickS

Its going to take a while I think. They are back to pre-156 days and it took a little while for the 156 to convince people to buy it. The Giulia and Stelvio are both capable cars and getting lots of plaudits. The issue is that people spending that amount of money have this idea that the German brands are a safer bet. If you look at the reviews they often say, nice but. They nitpick because the plastic is different or the entertainment is different.

We did see a few Stelivos in Rome the other weekend. Not many though. The majority of Alfas we saw were Giuliettas and MiTos. The key car will be the Giulietta replacement rather than the Giulia. Its providing an alternative to the 1 series, A class, and A3 that's going to make or break. The Giulia had to come first though because they had nothing in that car class.

iainw

Supply is ****

I ordered a Stelvio 280bhp Milano launch edition in mid-September.

Due for delivery mid December, now likely to be with me early March.

I have nearly cancelled twice, but am looking forward to the car, so hanging on with gritted teeth.

I think the Stelvios look great personally. Really interested to see how you like it. Very frustrating to keep changing the delivery date - they have got it very wrong.
Nice Stable - 599 and a Stelvio.

G

Guest 1678

I think the Stelvios look great personally. Really interested to see how you like it. Very frustrating to keep changing the delivery date - they have got it very wrong.
Nice Stable - 599 and a Stelvio.

Thanks Iain, very kind

Also squirrelled away a 147 GTA Selespeed (Japanese import), Spider S4, and a Sud TiX in bits now

Common problem of Stelvio supply across the world. Seems they punted out the diesel versions before the launch editions! You have to love the production planners.

Not sure they will bother with a Giulia Sportwagon in any form. I understand the engineering and design was complete, but they took the view the Stelvio would cover both bases of estate and SUV. I believe a larger SUV is next with possibly the 6c (F Type competitor) to follow. I have also read the mid range exec (was to be called Alfetta) is on ice. Given the slump in saloon and executive car sales in the US, the strategy has had to evolve quickly.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Common problem of Stelvio supply across the world. Seems they punted out the diesel versions before the launch editions! You have to love the production planners.

Interesting approach to sequencing. Perhaps next time they'll launch the run-out specials first.

outrun

I'm amazed at their policy of producing diesel versions first. Where have I heard that before. Oh yeh, Levante!

zagatoes30

Stelvio deliveries are under pressure everywhere with lots of dates going backwards. Giulia delivery seems to be improving recently with lots of customers taking the 280BHP Veloce spec which seems a good compromise for daily driver. Personally I will hang out for the QV to hit my price point