How do we fund our toys

Wattie

Ah **** missed the boat again I was going to buy a couple LTC last week, how long do you think the bullish trend will carry on for Wattie?

Tell me about it mate, I am working for one of the top lighting companies in the world and we have a very strong presence in the UK... achieved growth this year but many of our competitors on the same level have lost 25-50% of their budget this year and I'm hearing that they are laying people off. 2017 has been one of the toughest years with all of the budget/cheap lighting manufacturers gaining a stronger hold because the investors are encouraging "value engineering" on everything... although I don't see the sense in it why change the specification on your £3,000,000+ construction project to save £5k on a £70k lighting scheme when the investor probably won't even see the majority of that saving?

But yes you are correct my own boss or not I need a decisive plan, I have been considering Project Manager roles and maybe going into a role involving buying or selling land which could be easier to get into than the former.
I really don’t know. Frankly nothing makes sense anymore but central bank regulations re crypto and anti money laundering will bring this tumbling down.....until then I’m riding the wave.
Cheers wattie

Wattie

Ripple (XTR) is meant to be the next big one. Cheap as chips at the moment.
Think you mean xrp......0.24 ish current price.
Ethereum and Litecoin in 5-300’s
Bitcoin at 16000’s

Shows you the potential....even if XRP gets to a 10er!!!!

CheersWattie

azapa

Cash for toys, some short term finance for business ventures, leveraging on other assets. I tend to invest everything to the point of being ever skint... Have lost huge amounts, too. Ouch!

Regarding the UK and the stock market: I would not mind getting back in, but am really lost. Any tips to good broker/managers very welcome.

Contigo

Sponsor
Cash for toys, some short term finance for business ventures, leveraging on other assets. I tend to invest everything to the point of being ever skint... Have lost huge amounts, too. Ouch!

Regarding the UK and the stock market: I would not mind getting back in, but am really lost. Any tips to good broker/managers very welcome.

The market is crazy at the moment especially resources and oncology/medical stocks

Open up a trading account with Hargreaves Lansdown or iii. There are lots out there to choose from....

It's all about research and finding those with small market caps and great innovations.

There are loads on my watch list and lots brewing but I don't like giving tips with other people's money...

Contigo

Sponsor
Think you mean xrp......0.24 ish current price.
Ethereum and Litecoin in 5-300’s
Bitcoin at 16000’s

Shows you the potential....even if XRP gets to a 10er!!!!

CheersWattie

Yep XRP/Ripple. I just need to work out how to buy now and best place to do it! I've heard that Coinbase is the way to go?

GeoffCapes

Tell me about it mate, I am working for one of the top lighting companies in the world and we have a very strong presence in the UK... achieved growth this year but many of our competitors on the same level have lost 25-50% of their budget this year and I'm hearing that they are laying people off. 2017 has been one of the toughest years with all of the budget/cheap lighting manufacturers gaining a stronger hold because the investors are encouraging "value engineering" on everything... although I don't see the sense in it why change the specification on your £3,000,000+ construction project to save £5k on a £70k lighting scheme when the investor probably won't even see the majority of that saving?

But yes you are correct my own boss or not I need a decisive plan, I have been considering Project Manager roles and maybe going into a role involving buying or selling land which could be easier to get into than the former.

I personally know 2 lighting companies we have used previously have gone belly up this year. Hence why I have a partnership agreement with Philips.
Not much chance of them going pear shaped.

Although I still use one company for the jobs that need surveys done, as it saves me having to do them!

Project manager roles are notoriously difficult to get into unless you have a high profile name in the sector.

Spartacus

Im design mamnager for Commercial Lighting Systems . We are having a bad month but the year has been good . But we are always one step ahead in the LED market which is everything these days.

FIFTY

Coinbase doesn't sell xrp phil only btc ltc and eth... try Kraken

Good info there wattie keep an eye on that for when to pull out I reckon...

Geoff... deal with Philips a bit as they are a light source manufacturer as well as making luminaries (so both a supplier and competitor in one)... they are very strong when it comes to global tenders which I guess goes without saying as they are a leviathan on the global market but by in large the majority of the lighting design fraternity dislikes their product for being inferior compared to the current market leaders in innovative... it is a very safe bet as you said they will be around to honour their warranty or if you need a replacement in 20 years... so would the company I work for now so we say...

Current plan is to hang around until February take my anual bonus and GTFO :)

Wattie

Yep XRP/Ripple. I just need to work out how to buy now and best place to do it! I've heard that Coinbase is the way to go?

I use Kraken.....website can be a little tempremental at times but other than that they’ve been good. Almost everything can be traded of the majors.

Now LTC has tripled plus 345 and another 100 up on ETH......600

Nuts.

Cheers Wattie

Nayf

You've all lost me.....:conf1: lol

I always feel a bit stupid asking about crypto currencies. I get what they are, the benefits they bring, the risks.
Then people mention mining. What exactly are they mining? What is it for?

Still this Ripple thing looks tempting on the figures.

CatmanV2

I always feel a bit stupid asking about crypto currencies. I get what they are, the benefits they bring, the risks.
Then people mention mining. What exactly are they mining? What is it for?

Still this Ripple thing looks tempting on the figures.

Mining is the term used for effectively 'creating' new money. It's a concept called proof of work. Effectively to 'create' a Bitcoin takes a massive amount of compute effort so the value is linked to the effort involved.

C

rockits

Is there not an elephant in the room with crypto currencies if they take tremendous computing power to mine? Not an altogether great idea for the environment is it?

Or is more like the SETI project using computing power that is on & already available?

CatmanV2

Is there not an elephant in the room with crypto currencies if they take tremendous computing power to mine? Not an altogether great idea for the environment is it?

Or is more like the SETI project using computing power that is on & already available?

For certain amounts of 'tremendous' I've got no stats on it, but I suspect it's only a tiny percentage of the overall.

C